Good morning! I know I am a day late with this post, but I tried to get it done twice yesterday morning before work and each time I'd get to a certain point and then....pfffft….the post would disappear. I finally ran out of time and had to give up. Megan and Colton were here after work and I just didn't have time. Sooooo, that's why you're getting Thankful Thursday on Friday. And I don't start work until noon today so I have plenty of time to deal with wonky laptops.
Things are not so good on the other side of the building. When I worked over there on Wednesday I found that group activities were running again, but hardly anyone came to them because all the residents were either down with the crud or hiding in their rooms trying to avoid getting it. I also found that 2 more residents had gone to the hospital for GI bleeds caused by it and the hardest blow, my favorite resident, Joe, passed away unexpectedly and presumably from complications of the virus.
Joe was 95 years young, a rosy-cheeked cherub with sparkling blue eyes and a ready laugh. He was a favorite of all the ladies at the home...even though he shared a room with his wife of 67 years and was devoted to her. Not that he didn't enjoy all the ladies flirting with him. He is going to be missed very much.
Okay....'nuff of the sad stuff. This is supposed to be about stuff I'm thankful for. So...
This week I am thankful...
* that I haven't caught the bug going around at the home! Really, really, REALLY thankful.
* for a couple of perfectly timed readings in my devotions that were exactly what I needed to hear at exactly the right time.
* the new activities girl started this week! So, hopefully, my schedule will improve next month.
* things seem to be going a bit better with my boss. She hasn't seemed to be quite so hyper-critical, but then she really needs me right now and I'm also not seeing too much of her since I've been mostly in the dementia unit while we've been short-handed. Praying it continues, though.
* my dog and my mom's dog have mostly worked out a truce and have even been seen playing together once or twice. I wouldn't say they are best buddies (my dog's choice) but at least the constant fighting has ended. Now if only they'd stop barking at everything that moves or makes a sound because the pitch of Mom's dog's bark is exactly like a spike through the brain!
* Chinese take out on a cold, snowy evening when I'm late getting home.
* New books!
* My boss is okay with not scheduling me late on Tuesdays so I can go to Bible study! We'll start that next month. Yay!
* being in the dementia unit yesterday and today got me out of having to take down the tons and tons of Christmas decorations. Another big YAY! I hate undecorating at home, let alone on that scale.
* and of course, for each one of you!
Please be sure to visit Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand to join in the thankfulness.
I am off this weekend and so looking forward to it! You all have a blessed Friday and a good weekend with your families and friends. I'll see you tomorrow for the Saturday 9.