Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
In honor of Elvis' birthday (January 8.)
1) Elvis sings that he thinks about this girl all the time. What person or topic is on your mind this Saturday? I guess I'm thinking about meeting up with a couple of my sisters-in-law, nieces, and grand-nieces and nephews for lunch and a trip to the cemetery where my inlaws are buried. They are all into the whole family visiting together. Me? Not so much. Also, it's really cold and snow is on the way...kind of miserable weather to be standing around in the cemetery.
2) He wants to forget the day he met his girl, but simply can't. Think about someone very important in your life. Did you know right away that they were going to be influential? I didn't. I actually met the woman who is now one of my best friends and my Bible teacher several times over several years before we even connected and began to talk.
Since this week's song is about memories, let's check on how well you recall events in your own life.
3) What was the first concert you ever attended? Pure Prairie League. It was 1981 or 82 and they played at the local college.
4) Where did you get your first piercing? (Not only where on your body, but who did the deed and where did they do it?) I got my ears pierced when I was 10 at the Piercing Pagoda at the mall.
5) What's the name of the bank where you had your first checking account? Banks change names and ownership so much around here that I have no idea.
6) Tell us about your first bicycle. It was a little red and white one with training wheels. I remember going to get it at the Western Auto hardware store. I'm thinking it was a Radio Flyer (like the wagons).
7) Who received the first text you ever sent? Apparently, this was a milestone I should have remembered? Sorry, but I don't. I would guess it was either my husband or one of my kids, but I'm just not sure.
8) What had you been drinking when you suffered your first hangover? Fruit punch with grain alcohol. It was popular at the frat parties in college.
9) Whose was the first wedding you ever attended? Probably my aunt's when I was 5. I was her flower girl.
If you thought this was fun, please be sure to pay a visit to Sam @ The Saturday 9 for the links to the others playing and to find the rules so you can join in, too!