January 19, 2019

Sunday Stealing: The Ask Game

The wind is howling outside tonight as the big winter storm moves in. I'm not sure how bad it will end up being. It does seem that the warm air that pushed in from the south today kept us from getting any serious amounts of snow, but it is raining and the temperature is to drop until tomorrow's high is predicted to be only 14 degrees. It's likely we will end up with the rain turning to snow at some point and maybe throwing some ice into the mix. I'm hoping it doesn't get too bad as Tim and I both have to go to work tomorrow.

Since it's not a good night to be out and about I'm curled up watching Columbo reruns and linking up with Bev and the gang of thieves at Sunday Stealing for one of the oldest weekly memes around. Please pay a visit to find links to the other players' responses and to join in the fun with us.


This is from the Ravenclaw Ask Game  

1. Do you have a passion project? What is it?  I suppose my journals. I have kept journals since I was a little girl. I keep them for me, but also for the future, for my family when I am gone.
2. How many languages can you speak?
  Just the one and that might be debatable to some.

3. What was the last book you read?  I currently reading The Book of Speculation. I wasn't really into it at first and while it is in no danger of being a favorite, it has grown on me and I am enjoying it now.

4. Where in the world would you most like to visit?  If it was safe and if I had enough money, I would love to visit the Middle East and the Mediterranean region...Greece, Italy, Israel, Egypt, and Turkey.

5. Top 5 fictional characters?  Jo March of Little Women; Perry Crandall of Lottery; Stephanie Plum of the Stephanie Plum, By the Numbers series; Lt. Joe Leaphorn of Tony Hillerman's Navajo series; and Scarlett O'hara of Gone With the Wind.

6. Something you miss from your childhood?  Having no worries.

7. What skill do you wish you had?  Singing. I would love to be able to carry a tune and express myself with song.

8. Tell us an interesting fact. When a male penguin falls in love with a female, he searches the entire beach to find the perfect pebble to present to her.



9. What was your favourite subject in school?  English. I've always loved words, reading, and writing.

10. Favourite planet?  This rock I'm living on.

11. Which historical figure fascinates you and why?  Teddy Roosevelt...talk about a larger than life figure.

12. Favourite mythical creature?  Bigfoot

13. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?  Probably since I think the government is made up of a pack of liars.

14. What is your favourite word? It's a tie....caterwauling, cattywampus, and shenanigans.

15. Do you have any obsessions right now? Not that I can think of. I'm not really an obsessive personality.

16. Do you play any instruments?  No. It's that whole lack of musical talent thing again.

17. What’s your worst habit?  Procrastination.

18. Do you have a collection of anything?  Books, Navajo pottery, unfinished crafts, figural ceramic pots, cedar tourist souvenirs...

19. What’s your biggest ‘what if’?  I guess it's "what if my biological father had wanted me?"

20. What is your favourite fairy tale?  I guess Cinderella because I had this absolutely beautifully illustrated Disney book when I was little. When you opened the cover, a honey-combed tissue paper coach opened up. The pictures were liberally decorated with gold and glitter. I loved that book!

21. Have you ever dyed your hair? Is there a colour you’d like to dye it?  I've been dying my hair for years. Right now the only thing I'd like to do is lighten it up. It's much too dark right now. Either that or let it go gray, but my husband isn't in favor of that.

22. If you could learn one language overnight, which would you choose?  Probably Spanish. It would be the most useful.

23. What’s the most useless thing you know how to do? Is any skill truly useless? (Which is a total cop out answer because I can't think of anything.)

24. What’s the most important change that should be made to your country’s education system?  Get rid of standardized testing and make teachers accountable. I know there are good teachers out there, but I ran into quite a few with my daughter who had stopped caring and putting an effort into it long ago, but thanks to tenure they didn't have to worry about doing a good job.

17 comments:

  1. I kept journals all through high school and still had them up to a few years ago. They were in the basement and we had a flood. They were all destroyed. :( I'm a procrastinator too and am trying hard to get better. Great answers to these questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is such a shame about your journals! I would cry. Procrastination is a hard one to beat. I hope you're more successful than I've been.

      Delete
  2. Love the penguin story. They are such interesting animals...Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the most amazing thing that he hunts for a gift for her.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So many! How many of us identified with her and fancied ourselves to be like her.

      Delete
  4. I love the penguin fact! They are so amazing. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Stacy, you are right that many of our answers are nearly the same - again! Wouldn't it be nice if we lived close enough for lunch now and then!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! Maybe we'll be able to make it happen one day when you come to Ohio or we venture south.

      Delete
  6. I was going along enjoying your answers when I got to #13 I burst out laughing! Your are so right on that. Procrastination, what an ugly habit, I too am a procrastinator. The penquin fact was something new for me, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not buy into a specific conspiracy theory, but I'm pretty sure they are lying to me about something at any given moment! LOL

      Delete
  7. Jo March was my childhood heroine! I'd be sorely tempted to rob a bank to visit Greece and Italy again … too chicken to travel to the Mideast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo was the best! I would love to see Greece and Italy, but I don't think they rank high on the hubby's list of places to go. The Middle East has always fascinated me, but I'm too chicken to go there, too.

      Delete
  8. I was into journals right after retirement and filled in scads of them.. I forgot that when I was answering... I think they are wonderful in so many ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are far cheaper than therapy! I've always valued them as a place to work things out in my mind or vent without saying something out loud that I'll regret later.

      Delete
  9. Number 6- These days my life has changed so muc that sometimes I just wish for my mom. No matter our relationship, I miss my mom sitting with me. Telling me she will be there. Selfish, I think, but I miss her. I am with you on the journals, too. I look at mine sometimes, boy it’s amazing how much stronger the Lord makes us after heartache/dispair!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.