December 6, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Sweet blogging friend, Rebecca Jo, of Knit By God's Hand usually hosts our Thankful Thursday gathering, but she is having to deal with a surgery today. Please say a prayer for her that it will be successful and put an end to some on-going problems she's been having.

Even though Rebecca Jo can't be with us today, there is still much to be thankful for so let the listing begin!


This week I am thankful...

* my boss is having a lot of luck hiring replacements for all the people who have recently quit in our department. We all thought it was going to be very hard to fill a couple of the positions and I personally thought it would mean I'd be working a lot more evening shifts or possibly all evening shifts. But the new people she's hired are all wanting to work the 12-8 shift!

* all of the horrible weather that we're seeing on the news is pretty much going to the north or south of us. We've seen a little snow and ice, but the roads have remained clear.

* and excited for the happy news that our daughter and her husband are expecting their second little one! They told us last Friday when I got home from work. She saw the doctor to find out for sure, but her first appointment for the pregnancy isn't until the week after Christmas. We will find out a due date then...but she is thinking it will be in August. Maybe I will get a really awesome birthday present!

* work has been so much fun lately with all the Christmas decorating, activities, and entertainment going on. I've really got to get some pictures taken of the trees we decorated so you can see. Today the VFW is coming to recognize and honor our veterans and then later there is a group coming to put on a Christmas concert. It is so easy to have a TON of Christmas spirit this year!

* I finally got to go to Bible study this week after missing 2 weeks and then it being cancelled last month. Our teacher's home is so beautifully decorated. She is so creative and it almost looks like a Christmas shop. It was a treat to be there and enjoy the beauty of it. Another member brought a delicious fruit salad and nut rolls. One member gave us our Christmas gift early...a baby olive tree with a card attached that she'd written the verse about the vine and branches on. So sweet! I hope I don't kill it.

* I'm off tomorrow and will be shopping and wrapping like one of Santa's elves. The wrapping is the especially important part as the other grands will be here Sunday for our little guy's birthday party and we can't have them finding out "Santa's" secrets!

* for quiet evenings at home enjoying the Christmas tree and other decorations. I just love how magical it all seems.

* to have been able to sneak away for a while Sunday to have brunch with a couple of friends.

* that my family is being so great about all the changes my job is making to our holidays and other things. That makes it so much easier for me to handle having to work. Well, that and knowing I'm making a difference in the lives of the residents at the home.

* as always, for each and everyone of you. 

I pray you enjoy a blessed, bright, and beautiful day. Embrace and enjoy the season!

4 comments:

  1. Sooo many blessings! I also love being at work this time of year! It makes the fact that I have to work for living much more bearable! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, what a difference a year makes! So glad you're not having to traverse the school bus in this weather!
    I'm so intrigued about the gifting of a baby olive tree - is that (and the verse) something you feel comfortable sharing? I'm wondering if it might be compatible with Alabama's climate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely thankful post, Stacy!! Glad to read that you got to get out with friends for brunch AND that new staff are taking on the later shift so you won't have to give up your evenings! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post of so many things to be thankful for. Would so love to see a picture of the baby olive tree and are they hard to grow?

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.