December 15, 2018

. Sunday Stealing

It looks like Sunday is going to be another marathon of cookie baking so I'm getting my Sunday Stealing post up and linked tonight.

This is from "Fashion Asks"


What season has your favorite looks?  Autumn. I totally love layers, sweaters, turtlenecks, boots, etc.

Formal or casual?  Casual. I don't mind getting dressed up once in a while, but I'm not overly comfortable with it and since I can't wear heels it never looks right.

Thrift store, boutique, or online?  When I was young I was totally into thrift stores and boutiques. Now I am all about online shopping, though I still dig thrift stores for things other than clothes.

What’s your favorite decade for fashion?  I never really thought about it. I liked a lot of my clothes in the 80s, but I guess maybe I really like right now. Clothes are so much more comfortable and there really doesn't seem to be one style that everyone is doing. It's more of a whatever you're comfortable with kind of time. I like that.
Do you like to accessorize?  Sometimes. It depends on what I'm wearing and what kind of mood I'm in. I'm not terribly good at choosing accessories that go with an outfit.

What does your basic outfit look like?  For work it's usually black or blue leggings, a tunic, and sneakers. At home it's pretty much the same except the leggings tend to be denim and I might wear a sweater or fleece top (it's waaaaay to hot to wear either at the nursing home).

What piece of clothing do you spend your money on the most?  Tunics or other tops. Or maybe shoes since I can't wear cheap shoes.

Do you wear hats?  Only stocking caps when it's seriously cold.

What is your opinion on wearing socks and sandals together?  No. Just. No.

What colors do you like to wear?  I wear a lot of black but with colors...fall colors, orange, gold, green, red, brown.

What are some of the strangest outfits you have seen?  I can't think of anything all that odd. It all goes back to that wear what you're comfortable with idea. That said, our granddaughter is a pretty creative dresser and always has been.

What fashions do you hate?  Shoulder pads, bell sleeves that are excessively large, pants that sag off a guy's behind, and anything unmodest enough to be outside the bounds of good taste.

What are you favorite styles?  Pretty sure I covered that in some answers up above.

What do you think of body piercing?  It's not for me and I don't find it attractive, but to each his own.

Do you like dyed hair?  I must. I haven't seen my natural hair color since the 90s.

7 comments:

  1. I like the clothes now too...everything goes...you are right and the super soft t-shirts! I love that answer!
    I am a fan of shirts with fun sleeves, but I tried on a shirt the other night with huge bell sleeves like you explained and I was like ...that is too much even for me ....hahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice Sunday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those autumnal colors you pair with black! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put some thought into this. I can't wear heels either (actually, I can't wear anything but sneakers which are the only shoes that work with my custom orthotics) and that greatly limits your wardrobe choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure. I am pretty much in sneakers and the clogs.

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty casual, too. I don't wear heels and I know JUST what you mean about some outfits looking weird without heels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had lunch, after church, at Mellow Mushroom. A young mom with her hubby and two little girls was handing out pizza to everyone and her WHITE bell sleeve kept dragging through the pizza. I almost warned her (sitting across the aisle) but just kept watching to see if she would figure it out... she didn't. I enjoyed your answers and a few were pretty much just like mine! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first instinct was to say 'formal wear', then I remembered I'm no longer 125# with an unlined face. LOL! Unfortunately, my shoulders are still thin and bony, so my top with shoulder pads isn't so awful. Our wardrobe choices are identical; comfort colors!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.