December 15, 2018

Saturday 9: We Need a Little Christmas

Good morning! Saturday has rolled around again and that means it's time to link up with Sam and the gang at the Saturday 9. Sam is in a Christmas mood this week and has shared a fun song from the Looney Tunes vault. It's a nice kick off to a day of baking cookies.

Saturday 9: We Need a Little Christmas (2006)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) At the beginning of this recording, Daffy says he hopes all his friends remember his size, style and favorite color. What piece of clothing would you like to add to your wardrobe? The only thing I can think of is a pair of black leather Merrell clogs. I own a pair in brown suede and they are the most comfortable shoes. I'd like the black ones for work.





2) His friends are late for Daffy's holiday soiree. Think about the last get together you attended. Were you early, late or right on time?  Right on time.

3) It hasn't a snowed a single flurry where Daffy is. Have you had to shovel yet?  I probably could have once or twice, but I made do with a broom. Thanks for reminding me that I have to get Tim to find where he stuck the snow shovel last Spring before we REALLY need it.

4) Daffy sings that he's looking forward to fruitcake. How about you? Are you a fruitcake fan?  No. ((((shuddering at the mere thought))))

5) Daffy is an American Black Duck. Their usual diet doesn't generally include fruitcake. These ducks more commonly dine on seeds, foliage and bugs. What was your most recent meal?  Pizza with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, red and green peppers, and onion.

6) The only Christmas card Sam has received so far this year is from her insurance agent. She never sees her agent socially. In fact, she doesn't think she's seen him at all in 2018. Have you received many cards this year? If so, were they from people you feel close to?  I think we've gotten 4 or 5 from family or friends and probably about the same from businesses. It seems there are less and less every year. Maybe next year will be the year they finally die out of our lives completely. I no longer send very many, myself. Only to those who send to us or those I really want to keep in touch with and don't through any other means.

7) When do you start holiday shopping: Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving/Black Friday, Halloween?  I don't have an intentional starting time. I might see something in June that I know would be perfect for someone so I'll just get it then. On the whole, though, I never start as early as I should because I'm always rushing at the last minute to find something for those frustrating individuals that are hard to shop for....and that's about half my list this year!

8) Sam was recently driven crazy by kids running through store aisles wearing elf hats with bells. Do you have any apparel that makes noise?  I have an entire wardrobe of Christmas hats and headbands that jingle, light up, or both from when I drove a school bus. I'm tickled that they carry over to the nursing home and the residents get a big kick out of them.

9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.  There are two organizations that are very near and dear to me this year. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital because no child should ever have to go untreated due to money worries and the second is the American Cancer Society. I've become a much bigger "fan" of ACS since learning that they do a lot more than research. I love that they will help with the day-to-day aspects of living with cancer. That can mean so much to someone fighting the fight and to their loved ones.

12 comments:

  1. Isn't St. Jude's an inspiring organization? They share their research so generously with other hospitals. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like giving to them. Our local Children's Hospital used to treat everyone regardless of the financial situation, but those days are long gone. Now a family needs to find other ways to cover the costs, like getting the doctors to donate their time for free. Since they started doing that, our money goes to St. Jude.

      Delete
  2. We also give to St. Jude's....such an amazing organization!
    I work at a preschool and I have some crazy things to wear, but nothing makes noise. The kids would love that! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet those kids would love it. The oldsters at the home got such a kick out of my reindeer antlers that played Jingle Bells this week.

      Delete
  3. Merrell's brand shoes are great. They are not as stiff as I need for my wacky feet but I like the shoes. I didn't know they made clogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the arch support I need...and the correction for my tendency to pronate. Their Q-form sole tilts my feet the right way and stabilizes my ankles.

      Delete
  4. Your organizations are two of my favorites to donate to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun questions and I enjoyed your answers! There are a few of us who need new shoes! I've never had Merrill clogs but I have heard they are so comfy! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I always think I need new shoes even now that I can't really wear the cute shoes I used to love so much. I guess that's why I buy purses more often now.

      Delete
  6. I, too, shudder at the thought of fruitcake. Perhaps, given copious amounts of wine to wash it down ….

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently got a pair of Dansko shoes that look just like those Merrill ones. I personally think that Merrill does a better job with arch support ,which is something that I need. At least they were on sale I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.