December 31, 2018

Saying Goodbye to 2018

In 2018, I gained: new neighbors (my daughter's family), a new job, and basically a whole new lifestyle.

I lost: some availability to my family.

I stopped: stressing.

I started: staying up late every night...planning to change that in 2019.

I was hugely satisfied by: getting to know  and care about the residents at the nursing home.

And frustrated by: my boss and my work schedule.

I am so embarrassed that I: hate working holidays so much more than I thought I would and that I'm sort of keeping an eye open for a different job already.

Once again, I: gave in to the ease of ordering take-out or dining out more often than not.

Once again, I did not: stick to my fitness plan.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is: my hair is shorter, I'm more toned thanks to all the walking at work, and the foot pain I thought I had before is nothing compared to the foot pain I deal with now.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is: I don't stress. I just turn everything over to God and trust Him.

I loved spending time: with my youngest grandson all summer because I've never had that kind of time or connection with the other two.

Why did I spend even two minutes: on Facebook? Other than seeing what the kids post, I'm finding it to be pretty boring.


I should have spent more time: on housework.

I regret buying: Gravity Defyer sneakers. They didn't help me at all.

I will never regret buying: a Bluetooth speaker...I use it all the time at work.

I didn’t: get enough sleep.

Those terminally offended by everything drove me crazy.

The most relaxing place I went was: my own deck during the summer.

Why did I: wait until the last minute to wrap Christmas presents again?

The best thing I did for someone else was:  help my daughter and her husband out financially several times.


The best thing I did for myself: got a job that at least has benefits if I ever need them and a 401K plan.

The best thing someone did for me: my husband does so much out of kindness...I don't know where to begin. He always tries to make my life easier.

The one thing I’d like to do again, but do it better: I can't think of anything. 

2 comments:

  1. An interesting and thoughtful list, Stacy. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list - it shows what a great person you are also!!! I hope your new year is packed full of blessings!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.