December 19, 2018

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas at the Wednesday Medley

I don't start work until noon today so I've got time to join in with Terri @ Your Friend From Florida for her Wednesday Medley.



1.  Wednesday, December 19, 2018, is National Hard Candy Day! So the first question today is to ask if you enjoy hard candy, especially the kind we usually see during this festive time of year?  I do like hard candy, though it doesn't go well with my dental work these days...and yes, I like the candies that are only around at this time of the year. What is your favorite?  I love those purple raspberry shaped candies with the gooey centers. And ribbon candy, which doesn't have a lot of flavor, but it's so darn pretty and festive. Which hard candy brings up the best memories for you if any?  I guess candy canes because we've always put them on the Christmas tree so we had to pick them in colors to match and flavors the kids liked. We've had some very colorful ones and some very odd flavors over the years. This year I have plain old red and white peppermint ones.

2.  Holiday shopping!  Are you finished? Nope, not done. I have a few people on my list that have really stumped me this year. Thankfully, I have until the 29th to get most of them done, since that's when we are having Christmas with the kids and grands. On Christmas Day we'll exchange with my mom and stepdad. If you could spend an entire day in just one store, which one would it be and why?  Boscov's is the short answer. It's sort of a discount department store, I guess. There aren't any close to us. The nearest one is at least an hour away, but they have amazing prices and so much stuff!!

3.  What holiday dessert describes you and why?  I don't know that any dessert describes me, but I LOOOOOOVE Christmas cookies!

4.  What is your least favorite holiday side dish?  Funeral potatoes (frozen hash brown potato casserole). Our daughter and son-in-law love them and want them for every holiday and family get-together. I am so sick of them and I don't even think they are all that great. I've been looking for recipes to give them a boost and have found some contenders.

5.  Now be real!! There is one on almost every tree. What is the ugliest tree ornament you have ever seen?  That honor goes to the pipe cleaner snowflake one of the kids made when they were small. It is a snowflake in spirit only. It's not even white, let alone looking like a snowflake. My tree has a theme these days so it's not on there, but I still have it and several others they made over the years packed safely away.

6.  Tell us something random about your week!!  Tim saw the orthopedic doctor yesterday. His foot is officially broken...though not in the place the doctor at MedExpress said it was. He's in a walking boot until at least January 2 when he gets it checked again. Since he was home early, I talked him into going to my Bible study's Christmas party last night. It was the only way he was going to get a hot dinner! Anyway, the party was so much fun. Good food, good friends, some really touching moments as many of the gifts given related to things that had happened in class and particularly to the class I led on the fruit of the Spirit back in the summer. And then there was the epic "snowball" fight at the end played with wads of wrapping paper. I laughed so hard I gave myself a headache! It was a great time and just what I needed.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for Tim accompanying you last night! I'd love to participate in a 'snowball' fight again ... perhaps I could play my 'aging eccentric' card. :) I never heard that dish called funeral potatoes; but I, too, used to make it each year for our Christmas buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ribbon candy is what I like also.
    We had an epic snowball fight at work yesterday...was it epic snowball fight day? How funny. That is awesome Tim went to Bible study with you. I will be praying his foot heals quickly. Loved your answers! Have a great week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad Tim finally has a diagnosis on the foot and is getting it cared for! Also glad he went with you to your Bible Study party! Thanks for joining in on today's Medley!! I enjoyed your answers and think I need to look up Boscov's!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that having him with you added to the joy and your party sounds so fun! I've been putting different flavored candy canes on my tree because the peppermint red and whites have been sold out. That's not happened before. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about hubs foot. I hope he's able to stay off of it over the holidays. I never used to care too much for peppermint anything, but in the last couple of years it's become a favorite at the holidays. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.