December 22, 2018

A Merry Little Saturday 9

Jumping in with Sam and the gang at the Saturday 9 for some Christmas fun...even though I really should head to bed since I have to work in the morning. Oh well, as they say, I can sleep when I'm dead.

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives) 


1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?  Well...you can't see it here because I didn't use Sam's picture. Oops. But to answer the question, I was fine with Santa. My mom has a plastic photo cube from the 60s or 70s that she hauls out most years that has all the pictures of me with Santa in it. I took my son to see Santa and he was okay with it. We even had Santa stop by the house to visit once. My daughter, however, finds Santa "creepy" to this day. She takes her son to see him, however, and he is okay with it so far. My son and his wife didn't allow their oldest child to believe in Santa, but they've gone all-in with the second. I feel bad the older one missed out on the fun.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?  I think I'm on the nice list. I can't think of anything naughty I might have done. Most days I'm too tired after work to be naughty.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?  No, I didn't. I had things shipped to me, but I didn't send anything to anyone this year.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? I did. I admit I bought a book today while I was out Christmas shopping.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?  I love A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation. I've seen both a couple of times this year.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?  We went a couple of years ago when we had all gotten together on Christmas Eve. It was just us on Christmas Day so we thought we'd give it a shot. It was nice, but not the same as the traditional family Christmases I prefer.


7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?  No. My office Christmas parties have never really offered the opportunity to be bad.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?  The same as it is in warm weather. Diet Coke.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.




13 comments:

  1. "Most days I'm too tired after work to be naughty." Same here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad, isn't it? I wish we were more like some other countries when it comes to time off.

      Delete
  2. My favorite beverage in the cold weather is also just my normal Pepsi or Sprite....but I was trying to think of something warm. I guess I am not a fan of warm drinks...but I do love hot chocolate.
    I am too tired to be naughty too. Have a very Merry Christmas! Loved your answers!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that...I like warm drinks well enough, but I don't choose them on my own. I don't know why. Wishes for a Merry Christmas to you, too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't believe how much those two little guys have grown in a year.

      Delete
  4. Another fun Saturday 9! I've never been to an office party that had alcohol or opportunities to be bad either! LOL I love your naughty or nice answer! Aren't we all?!! Ha! Cute photo from last year! Looking forward to this year's photos! Merry Christmas, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Terri! I can't wait to see how excited Colton is this year.

      Delete
  5. Never at the company Christmas party, but I recall becoming a little 'hapsy' when our National Sales Manager brought in a big old punch bowl and made home-made egg-nog right there on his secretary's desk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that I overdosed on Christmas Story. I have zero desire to see it this year.
    Have a great Christmas Stacy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.