December 25, 2018

10 On Christmas

1. I worked my first Christmas ever today.

2. It wasn't that bad because it meant a lot to some of the residents...but on the whole I'd rather not. Oh well.

3. I recognized the name of a man who came into the rehab wing yesterday and went to see if it was who I thought it was. It was. While I was talking to him and his daughter, son-in-law, and grandson, the son-in-law became short of breath and his left arm went numb. They called 911 and he left in an ambulance. The EMT's didn't think it was a heart attack, though. I hope not.

4. Christmas is over. We went to our daughter's when I got home. We had our traditional ham dinner and opened gifts. My mom and stepdad were there, too. We were all tired after a couple of hours and Tim and I have to work in the morning, so Christmas was short and sweet. We'll have all day on Saturday when our son and his family come home, but unfortunately, Mom and John leave for a cruise on Friday and will miss it.

5. My best gift this year...a new laptop. I'm not even going to start setting it up until Sunday.

6. Colton could open a toy store with the gifts he got from us, his other grandparents, his great-grandparents, and his parents.

7. Quelf is an absolutely hysterical game if you play with a crowd that is willing to act like idiots. Nothing bad. Just really, really silly.

8. Still watching Hallmark movies.

9. Out of all those presents Colton got, his hands-down favorite is the Slinky Tim picked out.

10. I gave everyone on my list, except our son-in-law, at least one book.

1 comment:

  1. Quelf sounds like fun! I had to look it up on Amazon. In spite of working on Christmas Day, it does sound like you and your family have had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.