November 15, 2018

Thankful Thursday

I am off to work in a just a little bit, but I think I can squeak in my Thankful Thursday post. Linking up with the intrepid Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand.


This week I am thankful...

** for local, small town businesses that still treat you like a person, not just a consumer. I stopped by a local furniture store on a whim yesterday to look at recliners/chair-and-a-halfs/love seats to replace the cuddle chair. We've messed the cuddle chair up somehow and it doesn't recline quite right and it takes a lot of muscle to close it. Since Tim is not a fan of it anyway, I thought I'd start looking around at options.

Our local store, literally less than 5 minutes from home, was willing to make any deal I suggested within reason. I was only intending to look but ended up buying a love seat that has power recline, power close, and power headrests. It also has a small console in the middle to hold remotes, drinks, etc. Oh, and jacks to plug in cell phones and computers! They sold it to me for the price of one without the 4 motors to power everything and gave me free delivery...on Black Friday! I couldn't pass it up.

** that my daughter keeps coming over every day to love on my Daisy girl and let her out. It eases my guilt a little over leaving her at home every day.

** all of Mom and John's medical appointments have gone okay this week.

** the rain doesn't seem to be freezing like they said it would. I would not be happy if I had to drive to work on ice.

** for 34 years with the same guy! This Saturday is our anniversary. How blessed we are was driven home this past week when I learned one of my co-workers whose messy, ugly divorce just became final, was married on the exact same day and year we were.

** as always for each one of you!

Sorry to drop a few lines of thanks and run, but I really have to get going to work. Have a blessed and beautiful day!

7 comments:

  1. 34 years??? That's goals right there. Congrats & Happy Anniversary!!!!!
    I love small town businesses too - I love investing in people in an area that keeps a community going.
    Sadly, we got that ice you are talking about - its been a CRAZZZZZY morning - but lots to be thankful for even in that.
    Intrepid... that's a word no one has used to describe me before - I like it ;) haha
    Thanks as always for linking up with me - I always love seeing the gratefulness in your world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, intrepid! We did get some of the ice. The roads were fine, but my car was all iced over and our deck was covered. I guess through the day the parking lot at work was pretty icy, too, but the nursing home is further into the mountains than we are and sits up on a big hill. It's actually edging more and more towards being snow now (7:30). So not ready for THAT!

      Delete
  2. That new loveseat sounds wonderful! The one Tom uses is all broken down and ugly … and his side table is crowded with remotes and all sorts of garbage. You will show us a picture, right? :)
    No matter how I complain about our (unaccustomed) cold weather, I have to remember y'all have it so much worse. Please stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I will show you a picture once we get the love seat.
      We do get colder and yuckier than you, but you get way hotter than we do....which I'll keep in mind when I complain about our heat!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your 34 years. Joe and I are almost there! What a great deal on your new love seat! Local shop owners are amazing. We love our electric recliners. I'm glad you aren't driving the school bus on ice and snow anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it is wonderful not to be sweating out the weather in a bus. Good to hear you like your recliners. I never knew there were such things until a friend got a new sofa with power reclining last year.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.