November 14, 2018

Wednesday Medley

Brrrrrr! It's a chilly morning here in southwestern PA. The temperature is down around 20 degrees and our expected "high" is only 32. Winter is beginning to make itself known. Tomorrow morning we'll be dealing with freezing rain and probably ice accumulations and Friday morning should bring snow! So, brrrrrr, indeed! 

It's my day off and Wednesday so I'm linking up today with Terri @ Your Friend From Florida for the Wednesday Medley.




1.  With the holidays coming, what is your most essential appliance to help you prepare for the celebrations?  

None. Thanksgiving is always my mom's holiday. She does the cooking. I offered to cook some of the side dishes this year, but she turned me down.

2.  What is your favorite (clean) word?  

I can't think of one word that is my favorite, but I am partial to words associated with common courtesy and good manners....thank you, please, it's a pleasure to meet you, etc.

3.  Are you a good judge of character?  

I think so, because I am an observer of people. I rarely make snap evaluations.

4. What is the last thing you took a picture of? Can you share it with us?  

Hmmm.....thinking....I believe it was a picture of my grandson. Yes, I can share it.



5. Tomorrow, November 15, is Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day.  How do you intend to celebrate?  

I had no idea! However, now that you brought it up, I suppose our refrigerator could do with a little neatening up. At the moment, there aren't a lot of leftovers or anything else that needs cleaned out.

6. Tell us something random about your week!  

Tim saw the endocrinologist on Monday. He says the doctor didn't seem to think his parathyroid is the problem. I'm not sure he understood correctly because the doctor did order more blood work and some of it is related to the parathyroid. The rest seem to be looking at the pituitary gland. It depends on the results of those tests whether Tim even sees that doctor again. If it turns out the doctor doesn't feel he needs to see him then we are on hold until he can see the rheumatologist in March! It's so frustrating because Tim is in a lot of pain all the time.

11 comments:

  1. I'm in SE Pennsylvania too and it sure is cold this morning. I am not looking forward to tomorrow's weather. I hope that Tim gets the right results from his tests so that he can be treated. I know what being in pain is. I too go away for Thanksgiving and have nothing to do this holiday. In fact, I don't think I've ever made Thanksgiving dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling photo of your grandson, Stacy. I am sorry to hear that Tim is in constant pain. Praying for him to find the right doctors and a solution. I know how frustrating it can be. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers. There is nothing worse than waiting for a diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a long time to wait, especially if you're in pain. Praying he gets some relief. The little grandson is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect response to #2, Stacy! I wish common courtesy might become in vogue again. I'm so sorry to hear there's no immediate answer to Tim's pain. I was praying for a magic bullet. (Actually, cancel that. I still am.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh! What a pain in the butt for Tim! That is the worst when you have no answers but continue to suffer! UGH! Prayers for his relief! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for all the health issues your husband is having and the frustration associated with trying to get answers. I hope something opens up sooner rather than later. Your little grand is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you the rheumatologist is going to hold a lot of answers!
    Oh my goodness - your grandson. HOW CUTE IS THAT?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute picture of your Grandson!! Oh, he is adorable!!! :)
    I hope Tim can get some answers soon!! Sending prayers your way! Have a great rest of the week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are due for a cold front coming through tomorrow night and through the weekend with temps in the mid-50s at night and only in the high 60s/low 70s during the day. I'll be looking for a sweater or jacket, for sure! Brrrrr!! (grinning) Thanks for joining in on today's Medley!! I enjoyed your answers and seeing that little guy made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is frustrating about Tim. I do hope he gets a good diagnosis and some relief from his pain. Your grandson is such a cutie. Whoa...how nice that your mom can still do the whole meal deal at Thanksgiving! Hope the rest of your week is good.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.