Stolen from Something Stirring
1. The smell of pumpkin guts or rotting leaves? Either one. I like the smells of fall...even that of old, wet leaves (though they don't do much for my allergies).
2. Sweet or salty pumpkin seeds? Again, either will do. I like the salty, but also like them prepared with cinnamon and sugar or even ranch or spicy.
3. Store bought or pumpkin patch pumpkins? I don't suppose it makes any difference in the long run, but we have always bought our pumpkins at local pumpkin patches since most now include all kinds of fun activities, too. In fact, I just went to one today with my daughter and grandson.
|He was fascinated by these bumpy pumpkins.|
|Cutest little scarecrow in the patch!|
|The pumpkin patch also has a Christmas shop. Colton was|
not impressed by the animated reindeer...even if they did sing
with the voices of Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, and the like.
|He did, however, enjoy trying on silly hats.|
4. Wool or knit sweaters? Knit, please. I like the look and warmth of wool, but it stinks when it gets wet and it's often stiff and itchy. Who wants to be itchy and smell like a wet dog?
5. Halloween party or exploring haunted places? I'll take the Halloween party over stomping around some dark, damp, spooky place any day.
6. Candy corn or mellowcreme pumpkins? I saw candy corn described in a meme as the tri-colored ear wax of Satan. That's pretty accurate. I don't know about mellowcreme pumpkins...I'm not sure I've had one.
7. Apple cider donuts or pumpkin donuts? Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin....it's always about PUMPKIN!
8. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? See above...PUMPKIN! Embrace the season of pumpkin-flavored everything!
9. Scary costume or something silly? Silly.
10. Still, silent nights or rainy, windblown ones? Rainy, windblown ones are more fall-like.
11. Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown? I have seen both many times over the years as the kids were growing up. I prefer Hocus Pocus. So many great lines.
12. Witches or ghosts? Neither. I don't embrace the darker things.
13. Raking leaves or climbing trees? My body probably won't cooperate with climbing any trees and I don't want to rake leaves. I'd rather walk through them and hear them rustle then run over them with the mower to mulch them and feed the lawn over the winter.
14. Ouija boards or ghost stories around a campfire? I've done both in the past and definitely had more fun telling stories around a campfire, but again...not my thing any longer.
15. Frankenweenie or The Corpse Bride? Frankenweenie! My son loved that movie when he was younger and we used to rent it quite often. I've never even heard of the other.
16. October or November? October is my favorite month of the year. I love the smells, sights, colors, tastes...though my favorite holiday is in November.
17. Black cats or owls? Either one. I like both, but not one more than the other or either in any great way.
18. Fireplace or candlelight? I like both. I suppose it depends on whether I want or need the warmth of the fire or not.
19. Monster movies or their classic novels? I'm not a big fan of either one. The monster movies I like best are the silly ones like Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy.
20. Carve or paint pumpkins? I don't do either one these days, but I have seen some incredible works of art done both ways.
** Here's a bonus for those of you who played the Saturday 9 and commented on my rooster lamp.
|Spectacular, isn't it? LOL|
|Click the button to play along!|