October 12, 2018

Saturday 9: Then There Was Bob

Joining up with Sam at the Saturday 9 today for a little musical fun.

Saturday 9: Unbreak My Heart (1996)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Songs like this are enduringly popular in part because each of us has had our heart broken. Give us the name of a heartbreaker from your own life.  I got married young and didn't too much dating of other guys, but there was Bob (that's his real name).

2) Toni Braxton sings that "nights are so unkind." What did you do last night?  Made a spaghetti dinner for the whole family, enjoyed their company, and spent a mostly sleepless night in bed because my legs were aching so bad.

3) While this song has Toni singing the blues, in real life her love life is happier. Now aged 50, she's engaged and has been sporting a diamond on her left hand. Do you believe that a bride is ever too old to have a big wedding?  I wouldn't want a big wedding at 50, especially if I'd been married before. However, that's me and I believe "rules" about such things are stupid and everyone should do what works for them.

4) Growing up, Toni Braxton's parents severely restricted how much TV their children could watch each day. Ironically, today Toni and her sisters participate in a reality TV show on the WE-TV network, so TV cameras are a big part of their daily adult lives. What TV show do you try not to miss?  These days it's A Million Little Things.




5) She is prone to dry skin and applies Kiehl's Hand Salve to her hands and arms throughout the day. Tell us about a product you're brand loyal to.  There are tons...I don't even know where to begin.

6) Toni admits to being "a bit of a germaphobe," and always maintains a supply of hand sanitizer and wipes. What is always on your shopping list?  Diet Coke.

7) While she is not shy about her body, and has worn revealing outfits on the red carpet, Toni Braxton refused a 2011 offer from Hugh Hefner and Playboy to pose nude. What's the last thing you said "no" to?   My husband's question about doing something silly tonight. He was just goofing around and my legs are hurting too bad to play along tonight.

8) In 1996, the year this song was popular, Mattel introduced a Star Trek Barbie and Ken set. Have you ever fantasized about space travel?  I was fascinated by it as a kid, but I don't think I've ever fantasized about it.

9) Random question -- Would you (or did you) invite an ex to your wedding?   I didn't and I wouldn't. My husband, however, did.

17 comments:

  1. Spaghetti, meatballs, and sausage is on the menu tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! It was cold and rainy here today so I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup tonight.

      Delete
  2. Which leg is bothering you? With me, it's the right. (Bursitis and a bad bruise.)

    I really like two of the actors on A Million Little Things. I just haven't had time to watch it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At times they both bother me, but I guess the left one bothers me more. It's the one I had the tendonitis in this summer and I've got a couple of bone spurs and arthritis in the joint. This getting older stuff bites.

      The only actor on AMLT I recognize is the Asian woman who used to be on Hawaii Five-O.

      Delete
  3. Does your new job have you on your feet a lot? Hope that's something you will get used to with time if so. I am sorry you're in pain. Pain is the pits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm on my feet all day. I need to find my Fitbit and charge it...I'm sure I easily do the recommended 10,000 steps per day and then some. It has gotten a lot easier than it was when I first started and I don't seem to have a lot of pain until the end of the day.

      Delete
  4. I am a fan of A Million Little Things too! Just love it! I hope your legs are feeling better today! My hips were hurting when I woke up, but I took some aleve. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good show, isn't it? My legs are feeling better today and I'm glad Aleve helped your hips.

      Delete
  5. I'm a little behind on A Million Little Things but really loved the pilot! It reminded me of an updated Big Chill (which I was obsessed with in the 80s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you catch the missed episodes. They are all connected.

      Delete
  6. I am making baked ziti to take over to Helen's tonight. Can't beat pasta for dinner!
    I enjoyed your answers, Stacy! Hope your legs get rested!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The legs are much better today, thanks. Baked ziti sounds absolutely yummy! I hope you all had a nice evening.

      Delete
  7. I agree with you about the big wedding. As time passes I see how little a BIG wedding would have meant and spending the money on OTHER THINGS that matter is more important. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The money could have gone for other things, for sure, but I have to admit I'm glad I had a big wedding when I was young. It ended up being the last time all of my family was together as there were a couple of deaths that hit very hard not long after. I treasure those memories.

      Delete
  8. LOL … that's the BEST blog title I've seen in a while! After all my enthusiasm, I've missed the last 2 episodes of AMLT … only because I don't like watching TV in another room by myself. Hope your legs are feeling better tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss a lot of shows for that reason, but I'm hooked. I stay up to watch even though Tim's long gone to bed.

      Delete
  9. I've been watching Million Little Things too. I found it on Hulu.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.