October 12, 2018

Checking In

Good morning! It is finally feeling like fall here with gray skies, rain, and temps only in the low 50s today. The weekend should be a bit drier but still in the 50s. It's quite a change from Tuesday's sunshine and temps near 80 and probably not the weather Ligonier was hoping for this weekend as it celebrates its biggest shindig of the year...Fort Ligonier Days.

Yesterday was my day off. I spent the first part of the morning in the dentist's chair. I finally had time to get the temporary fillings removed from 2 teeth, have posts put in, casts made, and temporary crowns put on. My "permanent" crowns should come in about 2 weeks. Yea! Something to look forward to. (That's sarcasm people.) The rest of the morning went to grocery shopping, something that really needed done.

At home I did some cleaning and laundry chores before Colton came over to hang out with me while his momma did some cleaning. We had fun together (He is really coming into his own and showing his individual personality...which is going to keep all of us on our toes!) and then I made a big batch of sausage and garlic spaghetti for everyone for supper.


Oh, and do you remember my sweet little grandpuppy? The chocolate lab from Alabama?


This is him now.


He's only about 7 months old! He's a sweet boy and behaves pretty well for the kids, but he needs to be around others more. He gets so excited to see people or other dogs that he turns into an idiot...jumping and barking and knocking people and things over. So far, we can't have him together with any of the rest of the dogs in the family because they all hate him and we end up trying to keep dog fights from happening. It's a catch-22. But look at that face! Such a handsome boy!

Well, I have to head off to work. I'm not sure how much I'll be around the next few days, though I'll try to post the weekend memes. This is day 1 of a 5-day stretch. I'm not off again until next Wednesday and the next 3 days are all in the dementia unit.

Have a blessed and lovely day!

10 comments:

  1. Labs grow up so fast. I loved & miss our yellow lab. They are just the best dogs.
    I hate the process of getting crowns & all that dental work. SO MANY VISITS! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are wonderful dogs. The only thing I don't like about them is the crazy amount of shedding. I swear the lab we had shed enough hair every day to build another dog! Yeah...dentists...meh.

      Delete
  2. Labs are great dogs...I have 2 chihuahua's that turn into idiots every time the door bell rings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My toy Poodle is the same, but 10 lbs of Poodle is a lot different than 60 lbs of Lab! I'm sure he's going to end up being around 75-80 lbs. He is a BIG boy.

      Delete
  3. What a difference a few months make … both your grand-dog and Colton. Love the sunglasses!
    'Saying a prayer your days in dementia pass smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both growing so fast!
      Thanks for the prayers. I don't have it too rough in the mornings, it's the afternoons that get a little crazy. Today one resident followed me all afternoon asking me to go home with her and stay the night. If she asked me once, she asked 1000 times. It drove me nuts but she was happy and that's better than when she's not happy and gets mean.

      Delete
  4. Bless you for all you do in your new job, Stacy. Bless you!! Colton looks so BIG in that picture!! Wow! Time is flyig! And the Lab is so cute. Maybe some time with a trainer would be good for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! Colton is growing like a weed...the worst part of my job is not being able to babysit him every day. A trainer would surely help Hank, but the kids can't afford it right now. Maybe the rest of us will chip in and get them a gift certificate for Christmas?

      Delete
  5. Do you have dog obedience classes nearby? That might help socialize the beautiful boy! He's really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure someone has them. Neutering would also help at least a little. As I told Terri, we'll probably get them a gift certificate for Christmas.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.