September 19, 2018

Wednesday Medley: Something New!

Good morning! Blogging friend, Terri, is kicking off a new weekly meme today to fill the void left by the end of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thanks so much, Terri, for giving us something to talk about on Wednesdays!





1. What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?  It might not be the most "amazing," but I've always wanted to drive all the way across the country on Rt. 30, the first cross-country highway. I live about 2 miles from the highway so it's always been in my life, but it was an old episode of I Love Lucy, in which Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel drive to California on Rt. 30 for Ricky's career, that sparked the dream. I want to see the country and stop at ALLLLLL the kitschy tourist stops! Then I think to come home I'd need to drive the length of Rt. 66.

2. Name five songs that you have completely memorized?  Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer (I've sung it to both my kids and all the grandkids as babies...it seems to soothe them for some reason.), Amazing Grace (first verse only), How Great Thou Art, I Should Have Been a Cowboy, and Piano Man.

3. What takes up too much of your time?  Work! Ha, yeah...it'd be awesome if I didn't have to work. Okay, seriously...online activities such as the blog, Facebook, and games.

4. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?  I don't watch any scary movies. I can deal with the ones that are suspenseful like the old Hitchcock movies, but today's ultra violent, gory, too close to reality movies leave me cold. I don't want to see that stuff for entertainment. I don't watch any TV show that glorifies Satan, demons and the like.

5. What’s worth spending more on to get the best?  Haircuts, shoes, bras, furniture, work done on the house. Probably lots of things that I can't think of this morning!

6. Tell us something random you want us to know about your week...  Poor Colton is apparently a bit of a clutz. Last night he tripped and fell into the radiator at home and got a big knot on his noggin. Mommy took him to MedExpress to get checked out and he walked in the door, tripped, and whacked his head off a chair in the waiting room. He's fine, but he's going to have a good bruise today.

Giving new meaning to "baby bump."

10 comments:

  1. LOL on #3!!! Piano Man … yes. That's one of my favorites! Have a great day, m'friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruises are just a rite of passage for kids.... God made them pretty touch, didnt He?
    I so laughed at your variety of songs there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different phases of my life represented there...and I have pretty eclectic musical taste anyway. lol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. He was here tonight and it's not phasing him at all. He was running around and knocked his head again! Not too hard this time, thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. I can do your first 3 songs, but not the last two. lol Poor little Colton...Hope he's feeling okay today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piano Man is a very long song. I'm always surprised if anyone else says they know all the words.

      Delete
  5. Awww... poor Colton! Maybe he needs to wear one of those helmets! Thank you for joining in today, Stacy. I won't even pretend to do the awesome job Joyce did for us, but I'll do my best and appreciate everyone who joined in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think his mom is about ready to try the helmet thing! You did a great job, Terri!

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.