September 21, 2018

Saturday 9: Listen, People

Hey, happy fall y'all! I'm so excited. Yes, I am that obnoxious girl who loves all things fall and pumpkin spice flavored or scented everything. Mom and I are off to a huge book sale in the morning so I'm posting early again. The promised cold front just hit and it's pouring. I sure hope that is done by morning as the sale is outside under a (really) big tent. Have fun posting and reading...I'll catch up with you when I get home.


Saturday 9: Listen, People (1966)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Basically Herman is telling us that we each both break hearts and have our hearts broken during our lifetime. Do you agree?  I don't think it's a sure thing, but I think the odds are better than average.

2) He implores us to take his advice. Have you more recently given or received advice?  Given it. Our daughter seeks advice nearly every day and most days more than once.

3) Herman's real name is Peter Noone. He was popular with girls because of his bright, toothy smile. How's your oral health? When are you due to go to the dentist?  My teeth could use a good bit of work, but I HATE going and tend to put it off till something hurts. I'm supposed to go on Monday, an appointment I'd keep (it's to fix the tooth he did the root canal on last month) but I have to work.

4) Peter/Herman got married on his 21st birthday. That's one way to make sure you don't forget your anniversary. Do you have a good memory for anniversaries and birthdays?  For immediate family members, but otherwise, not so much.

5) Between 1965 and 1971, the Hermits worked very hard. They appeared on all the major TV shows of the day, recorded albums, made a movie and then criss-crossed the United States and the United Kingdom, performing live. After those six years, Peter decided he'd had enough and left the group. Have you ever felt burned out and ready for a change?  Yep, and I did something about it in getting my new job.

6) In 1966, when this song was popular, the miniskirt took the fashion world by storm. What's the most recent piece of clothing you added to your wardrobe?  A pair of black leggings for work and a pair of fleece-lined leggings that I will probably sleep in this winter.


7) In 1966, TVs were expensive pieces of furniture. A set with a 16" screen and a wood console sold for $250, which is $1,950 in today's dollars. Tell us about your TV. How big is it? Where did you buy it?  It's a Sharp 60" and it also has the capability to show 3D movies. We bought it at Sam's Club a few years ago. It cost more than that 1966 TV, but we used my husband's Christmas bonus and it was the TV he really wanted.



This will probably be the next step if Tim has anything to say about it.


8) David Schwimmer, aka Ross on Friends, was born in 1966. Who was your favorite Friend?  Hey, how you doin'?  I always liked Joey.




9) Random question -- Describe your dream car.  Up until recently, it has always been a Ford Mustang, preferably in Grab Me Blue with black rally stripes.




But then Pontiac went and reintroduced the Trans Am...and it's styled after the original '79 and '80 models that one of the coolest cars ever. The new models have a mere 1000 horsepower motor.



I believe the Bandit would approve.

Thanks to Sam @ The Saturday 9 for another week of fun questions and great music. Pay a visit to join in the fun!



15 comments:

  1. An outdoor book sale! How cool!

    If you have Showtime or On Demand, see if you can get the show Episodes. Matt LeBlanc is so funny as a character named, well, Matt LeBlanc, who just can't get his career together after Friends. It's not a reality show, it's scripted -- satirical and funny (but also in bad taste). But if you liked, "Could I be wearing any more clothes?", you might like Episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have both. I'll have to look for it. It's not one of those that only lets you watch the episode that was just on, is it?

      Delete
  2. Good choice in car. I had a 78 TransAm and a 90 Firebird Formula. I miss those SO much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely cool cars. I graduated with a guy who has one of each and takes them to car shows.

      Delete
  3. My husband would love a mustang, I think. I didn't know they'd reissued the trans am, though. I will have to ask him which he would prefer. (Actually I didn't even know Pontiac still existed.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea, either, until my husband showed it to me.

      Delete
  4. I love every character on Friends, it is really hard to pick just one. The writing was so good in the character development as far as making you laugh at different types of personalities. Loved that show so much!
    Your TV sounds awesome! We are always looking at tv's also. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends was a great show! The TV is okay. It'd be better if we'd ever actually watch a 3D movie. I have to know ahead of time so I can charge the glasses so that lets out spur of the moment viewing...also, any time I suggest it, my husband says he doesn't want to sit around wearing the glasses. Good grief!

      Delete
  5. Fun questions and answers this week! I always enjoy reading your S-9 posts! Well, I always enjoy reading ALL of your posts. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #5 = YES!!! I really stress about dental stuff and am a dentalphobe. I think my appointment is Monday, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate going to the dentist more than just about anything.

      Delete
  7. I'm just like you and Kwiz about dentists. Did you know, (supposedly) that profession has the highest rate of suicides? Eeeeugh, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited that I am not the only Joey fan. I think he was really underrated during the shows run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was at a big box store waiting for service and the wall of TV was impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.