September 8, 2018

Sunday Stealing: What's for Dinner?

Here are more food questions from Facebook.

1.   Ever had ramen noodles? How do you fix yours? Do you add anything to them? 

Of course I've had ramen noodles. Is there anyone who went to college and didn't stock them by the ton? I still eat them once in a while for a quick lunch, but I stir in some steamed veggies.
  
2.   Do you like spicy foods?

I do, within reason. I'm not one to pour hot sauce on everything or snack on ghost peppers, but I like a little bit of heat. 

3.   Crispy or grilled chicken on your salad?


I like them both and I know the grilled is better for me, but the crispy is so darn good!

4.   Do you like corn on the cob?


Very much! We have it a couple of times per week during the season.

5.   Pumpkin or apple pie? 


Pumpkin, of course!

6.   Dinner rolls or crescent rolls?


I'm not a fan of crescent rolls as dinner rolls...too greasy. 

7.   How do you like your eggs?


Sunny side up....IF you can cook all resemblance to snot out of the whites and keep the yolk runny. If not, then scramble them, hard-boil them, turn them into an omelet...it doesn't matter.

8.   Most expensive meal you have ever eaten?

I'm not sure, but we have never minded paying the price of a good meal. Burns Steakhouse in Tampa is a strong contender.

9.   Do you like stir fry?


Yes, if you leave out the water chestnuts.

10.  What kind of pots and pans do you use?


I have a few Cooks sauce pans and frying pans, some odd pieces that I like, and my most used pan is my Copper Chef. I cook just about everything in it!

11.   Do you like Brussel sprouts?


They are my favorite vegetable.

12.   Canned or fresh tomatoes?


Fresh, please.

13.   BBQ Chicken or Ribs? 


Ribs, but again it depends on how well you cook them.

14.   Do you like coffee?


Not at all.

15.   Cupcakes or ice cream cake?


I don't eat a lot of sweets, but usually I'd pick the cupcakes.

16.   Hot dogs or polish sausage?


Hot dogs if you're putting it in a bun, polish sausage (kielbasa) if you're serving it straight up on my plate.

17.   Do you like cinnamon toast?


Not particularly.

18.   Do you eat dinner at the table or in front of the TV?


Since it's just the two of us and Tim gets home so late, we eat in front of the TV.

19.   Do you like to BBQ?


Some, but not a lot.

20.   Do you like cold cuts?


I'm actually on a bit of a "cracked black pepper chicken" kick.

21.   Do you like rice?  


Yes.

22.   Macaroni and cheese?


A little. I'm not a big fan unless it's the original Kraft kind in the blue box.

23.   Key Lime Pie?


Yes, please!

24.   Favorite Fair/Carnival Food?


Fried dough.

25.   What kind of gravy do you like?

Turkey.

26.   Jalapeno Poppers?


No.

27.   Broccoli/Chicken Alfredo?


No thanks. I don't like anything "alfredo."

28.   Do you like cottage cheese?


If I put enough sugar on it.

29.   Do you like lasagna?


Yes, I do.

30.   Do you like hard boiled eggs?


Yes.



That's it for this week. Thank you,Bev, for keeping us supplied with questions week after week!

Click to join in the fun!

18 comments:

  1. I have to try sugar in cottage cheese!

    https://www.momentsofintrospection.com/2018/09/sunday-stealing-food-again.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's an old fashioned way to eat it. My dad taught me to eat it that way. I also put sugar on tomatoes and salt on melons.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I'm Australian. What is Pumpkin pie. Pumpkins are savoury food, not to be had with cream and ice cream. At least it's better than the English who keep trying to tell me that the only thing pumpkinds are good for is feeding to the pigs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize pumpkin pie was only an American thing. For pie it's pureed and spiced. I don't really know how to explain it. We like it so much that in the last few years when September rolls around a lot of foods become available in a pumpkin spice flavor...coffee, ice cream, cereal, pasta, chips....everything!

      Delete
  3. I love eggs and I am also not a fan of coffee. I could not decide which gravy I loved the most. I loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like my grandfather when it comes to coffee...how can anything that smells that good when it's brewing taste that bad when it's done?

      Delete
  4. Yes to sugar on cottage cheese!! Stacy, I enjoyed your answers to these fun questions! Wishing you a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried sugar on cottage cheese. I don't like coffee, either. Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't grow up with coffee drinkers, I didn't marry one, and my kids are split. My son learned to drink it when he met his wife, but he doesn't drink it all the time.

      Delete
  6. So the Copper Chef is really good then? Our kitchenware is in serious need of upgrading. These are great Q-and-A's, but now I'm starving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if the Copper Chef is worth the money they want for it on TV. I got mine on sale last Christmas at Walmart for about 1/3 of the TV price. However, I love that it's deeper and square. It just seems to work well and be the right size for a lot of things. I've pretty much given up on "sets" of pots and pans. I'm just replacing them as they need it and I buy a good one that I really like when I do.

      Delete
  7. I've never had Ramen! I was more of a cup of soup fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Brussel sprout lover. Yay!
    It's hard to have dinner at the table when someone is home late. I got all philosophical here but erased it. I just don't want you to be sad.
    Coffee just is not my cuppa anymore. I like the smell but the taste is a big let down. Tea, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too terribly sad unless I dwell on it. I just think we've lost so much with our busynes
      Nothing like a good cup of herbal tea!

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.