September 25, 2018

10 Things On My Bucket List

1. A cross-country road trip on Rt. 30, the old Lincoln Highway. It was the nation's first cross-country highway and back when driving was fairly new trips along its length were the thing to do. I live only about 2 miles from it and maybe 3 or 4 miles from the Lincoln Highway Experience museum. It's a trip I've wanted to do ever since I saw an episode of I Love Lucy  in which the gang (Ricky, Lucy, Fred, and Ethel) drove it to get to California and Ricky's new gig in the movies. And then I might do part of the return trip on Rt. 66...just to get my kicks. Ha!



2. Ride a horse on the beach.

3. I know there isn't a whole to see or do there, but I want to visit the Four Corners marker and stand in four states at one time.



4. Take a trip through the South eating only at places featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.



5. Watch Gone With the Wind. I've read the book twice, but have never committed the time to watch the movie.

6. See the Northern Lights.

7. Visit the Christmas Story house.



8. Officially document my family's link to John and Priscilla Alden and become a member of the Alden Kindred.



9. Convince my husband not to work so much.

10. Get the house fixed up and add on a room.

4 comments:

  1. We had to watch Gone With the Wind in a history class & I loved it.
    I try to catch it whenever I have a few HOURS to kill :) Its so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my colleagues is an Alden (from the Mayflower Aldens). It was always fun when we studied that time in history for him to talk about his family roots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd LOVE to do #4, as well. That's a great idea, Stacy! It's been more than 50 years since I've seen GWTW, but oh, what an impact it made. I think that was the only time the movie theater actually called an intermission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read GWTW at least four times and we own the movie, which I've watched a dozen times. The movie is great, but the book is so much better. I would like to visit The Christmas Story house too! And count me in for #4!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.