August 19, 2018

Sunday Stealing: ID Questions

Stolen from Penny Royal Princess

1: 3 Fears

Snakes, sharks, and being old, alone, and forgotten.

2: 3 things I love

My God, my family, and books.

3: 4 turns on


Integrity, generosity, a sense of humor, and the ability to forgive.

4: 4 turns off


Pettiness, vindictiveness, dishonesty, and laziness.

5: My best friend


My husband followed by Fran.

6: My favorite book


The Bible, but as for a novel, Little Women.

7: My best first date


The one with my husband. Hands down. We had to "dress" for dinner. He took me to a very fancy restaurant with 4-star waiters in jackets with towels draped over their arms. We had champagne and they brought little chocolate cups of liquor between courses. The next day he had a dozen pink and white roses delivered to my house. He swept me off my feet!

8: How tall am I


5'5"

9: What do I miss


Good manners, respect for others, and the simpler days of my childhood.

10: What time were I born


I don't know exactly...sometime in the evening, I think.

11: Favorite color


Pumpkin orange

12: Do I have a crush


Not really.

13: Favorite quote



“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein

14: Favorite place


Right here at home...or Chincoteague Island, VA.

15: Favorite food


Seafood in general, shrimp if we're being specific.

16: Do I use sarcasm


My sense of humor can be VERY sarcastic, it's something I try very hard to curb.

17: What am I listening to right now


Welcome to the Jungle (I don't think it's the Guns N' Roses version)...the Jumanji starring The Rock, Jack Black, and Kevin Hart is just ending.

18: First thing I notice in new person


Probably their eyes or smile, though I'm already paying attention for clues to what kind of person they are.

19: Eye color


Mine or favorite? My eyes are brown, but I tend to like blue eyes.

20: Hair color


Again, mine or favorite? My hair is probably pretty much gray at this point, but we'll never know thanks to L'Oreal (dark brown at the moment) and as for favorite hair color, I like black hair.


Thanks to Bev for finding our questions week after week!
If you'd like to join in the fun,
click the button below.


Click Me!

13 comments:

  1. Your first date sounds so nice! I have never been to such a nice restaurant. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. LOL!!! That is so romantic! I loved all of your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think you'd figure it out. I was only 19 at the time so I was totally star struck!

      Delete
  2. That first date? Wow. Did you realize then (that) Tim was courting you?
    Realizing how hurtful it can be (said from the receiving end) I, too, am struggling to curb my sarcasm. That's a great quote choice.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I knew it was different, but courting? No. I was only 19 and really didn't know enough to know.

      Delete
  3. Loved your answers, especially the quote. And your favorite color is a close second to yellow in my color list so I love it.
    That was a lovely first date. Like a lot of times, I misunderstood the voice in many of these questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that sometimes, too, and then read everyone else's answers and think, in the words of Homer Simpson, "D'oh!"

      Delete
  4. My former students say they appreciated my "gentle" sarcasm, as I didn't often aim it directly at students. I took that as quite a compliment.

    I love your quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be so bad if I did it that way, but my sarcasm can slice you off at the knees if I release it. I don't want to do that so I just try not to use it at all.

      Delete
  5. That was quite the first date!! Wow! I've never had a date like that - ever!! Fun questions! Enjoyed your answers! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well, I only got the one first date like that and I was only 19...too young to appreciate how truly amazing it was.

      Delete
  6. That last fear of yours is one most women share, I think. We all feel it bearing down upon us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. The horrible stories you hear on the news don't help, either. The thought of being old and at someone else's mercy scares the bejeebers out of me!

      Delete
  7. This is such a neat meme and give us opportunity to get to know other bloggers. Enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.