August 11, 2018

Saturday 9: The Nanny

Saturday 9: The Nanny (1993)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is the theme from a sitcom that originally aired from 1993 to 1999. Were you a fan?


I was when it was originally on. These days I find that the reruns set my teeth on edge.

2) The song tells us that Fran once worked in a bridal shop. Have you ever worked in a retail setting?


Yes. Not my favorite job.

3) The kids in the Sheffield household appreciate their nanny's "joie de vivre," which is defined as "exuberant enjoyment of life." Are you feeling joie de vivre this morning? 


I enjoy life and I'm usually filled with joy, but I can't say that I'm exuberant this morning.

4) "The Nanny" is the colorful one, the one who wears red when everyone else wears tan. What color do you think you look best in?


I don't know which one I look best in, but I'm happiest and feel most confident in toned down autumn colors (golds, pumpkins, sage, brown, red...).

5) The TV show, The Nanny, was the brainchild of actress Fran Drescher. She got the idea while visiting her an old friend in London. Her friend's pre-teen daughter enjoyed having Fran as a confidante and shopping buddy. Do you enjoy shopping as a leisure activity? Or would you prefer to just dash into a store, grab what you need, and get out and go home?


I used to enjoy a day of shopping, but these days I'd rather get in and get out...or better yet, stay in my pj's and pull up Amazon.

6) The friend Fran was visiting in London was Twiggy, who was the world's most famous model in the 1960s. Name another famous model.


Christie Brinkley, Cheryl Tiegs, Brooke Shields, Cindy Crawford

7) The Nanny: The Complete Series is available on DVD on Amazon. It consists of 19 discs and takes 55 hours to watch, start to finish. What TV show have you recently binge watched?


None. We don't have Netflix and I don't buy the DVD's of shows. When we did have Netflix the only show we binge watched was Hawaii Five-O. It seemed like a good thing to binge on during December in Pennsylvania.

8) The Nanny theme was sung by Liz Callaway. Her father, the late John Callway, was a long-time Chicago newscaster. Have you, or has a loved one, ever been on TV?


I've been on the news a few times. Mostly I was in the crowd in the background, but once I was interviewed about a mall closing and another time I was interviewed about a living Bethlehem thing we took the youth group from church to.

9) Random question -- Which of these adjectives comes closest to describing you: sexy, sophisticated or down-to-earth?



Ha!  Down-to-earth is definitely my style. Besides, it's hard to be sexy or sophisticated clomping with a big, black brace on your foot.



Today's questions come to us courtesy of Sam @ the Saturday 9
Please pay her a visit to find links to the other bloggers playing.
Or better yet, why don't you join in the fun?!

16 comments:

  1. Here I thought I was the only one who doesn't have Netflix! I find that I binge watch when a TV station does a marathon. Our PBS station does it often with Downton Abbey and I always get sucked in.

    A friend of mine is wearing a therapeutic brace these days. I hope neither one of you finds yourselves too uncomfortable in the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may be the only person on earth who hasn't watched a single episode of Downton Abbey.

      Delete
  2. I've noticed that when i am shopping when you go to Target, Kohl's, and Walmart they all have the same items. There is no variety anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Our Target is very different from our Walmart. I wouldn't know about Kohl's. The nearest one is farther away than I am willing to travel to shop.

      Delete
  3. We both chose “down to earth”.
    I hope that you will soon be about of that πŸ‘’ boot, and having more fun in life. Ah. Hawaii 5-0 is a good thing to watch in the winter in Pennsylvania, true. Lol.
    Have a great weekend and enjoy the company of family and your little grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hope, Zippi. I am wearing it again today and have to say that I don't have any pain...at least while it's on. The arch seemed tender after I took it off last night, though.

      Delete
    2. 🀞 that you can be out of the boot soon.
      πŸ’Ÿ I've been there, and it's no fun.

      Delete
  4. Nope; no Netflix here, either. I don't know that I look good in autumnal colors, but I love surrounding myself with them here at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love earth tones--as a redhead they are my go-to choices. As I get older, though, I started wearing jewel tones, too, for variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear just about any color. I honestly don't give how I look in a certain color much thought.

      Delete
  6. I do not have Netflix either and you know what? I feel best in those same colors. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fall colors just make us feel all warm and fuzzy. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I'm with you on Amazon in my PJs!! This was a fun S9!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on that shopping thing. Two stores are my max if I do venture out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the boot. I've had those and they're a pain. Literally. I think I have been to Bethlehem PA. Is the Martin Guitar manufacturer there?

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.