August 16, 2018

Happiness Challenge: Day 16

BOOKS!!!! Ah, the aftermath of a birthday...getting to spend the money and gift cards. I had plans to go to Barnes & Noble today to see what I could spend a gift card on and then my daughter mentioned that someone had told her Ollie's was a good place to buy children's books at discounted prices. Well, yes, it is, but I rarely think of the place and it's been years since I've been there. So, I invited her and Colton to come along on my book trip.

We started at Ollie's and I got two study Bibles that I've been wanting, the Holman Rainbow Bible and the Cultural Background Study Bible. Both are pink and brown leather bound editions and I got them both for less than I'd pay for just one of them anywhere else! I used my birthday money from my mom to get those. I also got a book and 2 coloring books for Colton and a Christmas gift for my stepdad...a boxed 4-book set about America's Premier Gunmakers featuring Colt, Browning, Remington, and Winchester (only $6.99!).

At Barnes & Noble I was able to get three paperback cozy mysteries, a book called The Me Journal (just pages of questions and lists with room for you to write in your answers...something to leave behind for your family), and a paperback journal to record your reflections during your quiet times with God...there are prompts each day to get you thinking.

So, yes, BOOKS (and lots of them) made me happy today!

10 comments:

  1. We have to travel 30 miles to get to Ollie's so we don't go often, but they are opening one in Lakeland!! Good deals there all the time. I'm glad you had a great birthday and got to spend some of your gift money on books!! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After going there yesterday, I signed up for their rewards card and so did Megan. They give you discounts the more you spend plus coupons by e-mail.

      Delete
  2. I love getting books and it sounds like you got some really good deals. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books should be a love language because they are definitely mine! LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi-ya. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It's my pleasure to return the favor.

    BOOKS! You're speaking my language. I'm addicted to the written word. Even though I make a little money selling the books I've written, I spend a lot more buying other people's books to read. :)

    I hope you had a happy birthday. Oh, never mind. You got books... of COURSE you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a wonderfully bookish birthday, thank you!

      Delete
  4. Barnes & Noble used to be my favorite store, hands-on. I don't think they're out in this neck of the woods, and I've never heard of Ollie's.

    I checked out The Me Journal on Amazon … that would be great gift for a new bride, new mom or even a new grand-mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to celebrate yourself with books! Hope your birthday was extra special!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.