August 16, 2018

Life Is Good



Good morning and a happy Thursday to you! Thursdays always mean it's time to link up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand to share Thankful Thursday posts. It's my favorite day of the blogging week. Not only do I get to reflect on all the good things in my life, I get to see all the good things happening in everyone else's life and how can that not give you a huge boost in the belief that life is good?! I invite you to join us by listing your own list and linking up over on Rebecca Jo's blog.




This week I am thankful...

* for all of the blessings poured out on me for my birthday. I didn't even mind turning 54. 

* for the most adorable birthday card from my grandson. It's more of a little storybook about "My Nana and Me."  Oh, my goodness...ALLLLLL THE FEELS!

* for all the days I've had with my grandson while his momma worked.

* that yesterday my daughter made a tough decision, but the right one, and told her new employer that it just wasn't working out and she was going to have to quit. She just couldn't get childcare worked out. I am willing, but when I start my new job I won't be much help. Her mother-in-law is unwilling to watch her grandson more than 2 days per week. Her husband said he'd watch him, but he works midnight shift and would have to survive on 4 hours of sleep per day. He did that one day and realized he can't do it. So my daughter is a stay at home mom again for now.

* to be getting all the things done that I need to get done in order to start my job...TB test, physical, drug test, paperwork, clothes shopping.

* for clearance sales! My new job requires "business casual" dress. I've been a school bus driver for the last 16 years. My wardrobe is totally casual with a couple of outfits thrown in that are suitable for weddings, funerals, and special occasions. There is nothing business casual about it.

So, I headed to the mall yesterday to try and find something that looks professional, yet was comfortable enough to really move in since I am going to be an activities aide. I really hope I'm not wrong in my thinking that looser tunics and leggings would work.  I found four pretty tunics that fit the bill of nothing low cut or that will fall open when I bend over (old men with dementia, ya know....) and hit mid-thigh or at least below me bum. I paid less than $50 for all of them!  I get to wear sneakers due to the running around I'll be doing. I've ordered some boot cut leggings online in black, navy, and brown (so they'll look more like pants but have all the stretchy comfort of leggings) and a couple more tunics (at about $60 for all of it thanks to sales). Do ya all think that will work?

* that my daughter being at home again means I won't have to worry about my poor pup being home in the house for the entire day by herself. My daughter and grandson can come and let her out a couple of times or if they can get her and their dog to get along she could go over there.

* my daughter is finally getting some answers about her health. She has had bladder problems for years and is constantly told she has a UTI and put on antibiotics...even though the cultures are negative. This week a urologist listened to her complaints and reviewed her entire medical history and thinks she has Interstitial Cystitis, which is a chronic condition with no cure, but it can be treated. She's scheduled for an outpatient procedure on Sept. 10 to determine if that's what it is for sure.

She also saw her primary care doctor to see what he found out from some extensive blood tests he had run and if there were any answers to why she is so tired, feels so run down, and can't sleep worth a darn. He found a couple of things. 
  1. She is extremely anemic...even more so than the last time she was checked. 
  2. This one is a big deal. Her husband got very, very sick with mono about 5 years ago. Apparently, she has been a symptom-free carrier of the virus since then and though you don't have symptoms it can still be working on your body. (She is also able to carry strep that way. We found that out the year I had full blown strep throat 5 times. It turned out my husband and both kids were carriers! Once they were treated with antibiotics I never got it again.)
  3. As for the sleep issues, the Interstitial Cystitis can affect that, but he's going to send her for a sleep study to see if she has sleep apnea or something else going on.
It is so good to actually have some solid leads rather than the usual "I don't knows."

* that my toothache pain has remained at a level I can handle until I can call the dentist today. And for Orajel mouth wash. Did you know they made that? It's the bomb!

* that life is just really good right now.

* and as always, for each one of you!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your daughter is getting some answers to her medical problems. That has to be a relief for her. Hope you love your new job and those outfits sound similar to what I where for business casual at my job and it works for me.

    Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm glad I guessed right about business casual...I wasn't sure.

      Delete
  2. What a roller coaster week your daughter's experienced! (And you, by proxy, momma.) So glad she's found a doctor who actually listened!

    Your new wardrobe choices sound wise … I hope you'll model some of them for us in a future post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a huge relief to be getting some health answers. She has been dealing with these symptoms for years!

      Me? Model? Maaaaaybe.

      Delete
  3. Did not know they made an Orajel mouthwash! Good to know!!!!
    Well, there will be more jobs for your daughter down the road. Being mommy is the most important job there is.
    Yep... my 'business casual' consists mainly of leggings & long tunics. you can always make it look nicer with the shoes you were & jewelry & scarves. & it will be comfy for you to be active in it.
    You're 54??? I would have thought you were in your 40's!!! GO LADY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mouthwash is awesome! It gets into all those little spaces you can't get at with the gel or cream.
      I've been thinking about the jewelry and scarves I own, but shoes...I'll be wearing sneakers every day because of how much running around and standing I'll be doing.
      Thank you. I will take that knocked off decade!

      Delete
  4. Praise God for your daughter's doctors finally figuring out what her problems are!! Huge win! I think the clothes you purchased for your new job sound perfect for business casual. You may even find that you can wear Capris with your tunic tops too. Hope you got to your dentist today. Tooth pain is awful! I really enjoyed your thankful list, Stacy!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.