July 14, 2018

What Do You Do?

Joining in with our hostess, Bev, and the rest of the thieves for Sunday Stealing.

These questions from Harvard Business Review are questions to ask someone other than "so what do you do?"

What excites you right now? 

My husband and I have been looking at the off-ship excursions offered during the cruise we're planning to take up the coast of New England to Nova Scotia next summer. I'm pretty excited about that. It'll be my first cruise.

What are you looking forward to?


A long weekend away in October with friends of ours. We're going up to the wine country along the PA/NY border. It will be beautiful up there at that time of year.

What’s the best thing that happened to you this year?


Hands down, it was having our daughter and her husband buy the house next door.

Where did you grow up?


Well, we moved a bit when I was young for my dad's work, but I have always considered the town I now live in to be my hometown as I've lived here more than anywhere else over the years. Latrobe is a small town and a mile or so in any direction will take you to either farm land or forest. The town's claims to fame are being the birthplace of Arnold Palmer, Fred Rogers, and banana splits. For years it was thought to be the birthplace of professional football with the first paid player ever, but a while back an earlier paid player was found in Pittsburgh. We still have the claim to the first ever totally professional game. We also host the Pittsburgh Steelers' training camp. I could go on for a long time about all the amazing things in and around town, but you can just go here if you're curious.

What do you do for fun?


I like to read, garden, haunt flea markets, garage sales and auctions, and cook among other things.

Who is your favorite superhero?


I can't really say that I have one, but if I have to choose....Thor.  Because even when he was a cartoon he was a hunk and now, well, just LOOK at him!




Is there a charitable cause you support?  


The local food bank, the Salvation Army, the American Cancer Society, Compassion International, and Heifer International.

What’s the most important thing I should know about you?  


I am a devout Christian. I don't just pay lip service to my faith. I am a serious student of the Bible and everything I do is filtered through the precepts taught there. I'm not saying I'm perfect or holier than thou. I will always be a work in progress, striving every day to be a better person than I was yesterday.

Tell us of something that relaxes you and always makes you happy.


Reading or going to flea markets and auctions.

If you could take the train from anywhere to anywhere, where would 'anywhere' be?


The "from" anywhere would be here and the "to" anywhere would be California. It would be sweet to see the whole country from a train. No driving so I'd be free to really look around.

What will you always pack in your suitcase? 


Way too much stuff. I am a world class over packer.

What will you never pack in your suitcase?


A bikini. I don't care how much weight I lose...ain't gonna happen. Ever. 

14 comments:

  1. I am a reformed Flea Market Addict. Actually, just moving far away helped too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no intentions of becoming reformed. I am pretty picky about what I actually buy these days, but I love the hunt.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm so envious of your New England cruise! I've never cruised the domestic waters before -- but in the past, rather than sign up for a pricey tours, we'd sometimes share a taxi and accompany some of the crew members.

    Your train excursion sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like something that I would have done back in the day, but I can't picture my hubby or our friends going for it.

      Delete
  3. Your New England cruise is going to be fantastic! I absolutely adore Novie (as we call it around here)--I hope you get to go to Halifax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is our last stop! I'll have to tell you our ports sometime and get your opinion on what to see.

      Delete
  4. A cruise! That really is something to look forward to. Way to go. I've never been on one. You'll have to post all about it so I can live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited. I've never been on a cruise before, either. I've never even wanted to go on one before. The location and being with a group of friends drew me in. I'm sure I will have loads of pictures to share...you're just going to have to wait a year.

      Delete
  5. The cruise sounds wonderful. We've never done a domestic cruise, and weird though it sounds, I'm tired of old European castles and would love to see something more local.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first cruise to anywhere. I'm excited. I've never had a desire to see Europe. The Middle East, yes, but not Europe.

      Delete
  6. Thor is a wuss. heehee
    Seriously, he is a hunky guy, for sure..
    The trips you have planned sound wonderful, and I hope they work out so you can tell us all about them. Just enough wee trouble for an adventure, without any angst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing the friends we'll be traveling with, we will have some wonderful adventures.

      Delete
  7. Your cruise does sound wonderful and I look forward to pictures and reading all about it! We have so many flea markets here in central FL. We used to "do" them often but since neither of us can be on our feet (knees) for long, we don't even try. I enjoyed your Sunday Stealing today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the feet (and Tim's knee) do restrain us a bit when it comes to flea markets. Darn this getting older stuff! We used to go to a big flea market called Flea World when we lived down there. I'm thinking it was over your way. Is it still there?

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.