Good morning! Today is a day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. To that end, there is nothing to get your heart and mind in the right place and start your day off with a good attitude than starting off by spending some one on one time with God. It's pretty darn hard to be in a bad mood in His presence! It's especially hard to feel down when you are purposely looking for the good things He has blessed you with. So, it is with a glad heart that I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.
This week I am thankful...
* to have a handle on what is wrong with my ankle and to be seeing my primary care physician today to see if he thinks I should be doing anything differently.
* for a fantastic night of discussion with my Tuesday Bible study folks.
* as tonight is the last official session of the Beth Moore study on the fruit of the Spirit, I can look at the women and see that it has truly been life-changing for most of them. What a blessing to witness and to have been used by the Lord to make it happen. (Seriously, if you haven't done this study, you should. Even if you just get the book and do it on your own...which is what I did before introducing it to the ladies...you will be so challenged and blessed. I learned so much. I've never encountered better teaching on the fruit than this study.)
* for fresh, sweet blueberries picked yesterday with the sun shining down.
* for lighter summer suppers of grilled meats and lots and lots of fresh veggies.
* that God continues to protect my husband from himself and his refusal to follow doctor's orders.
* for the first cucumbers and squash from the garden.
* to be the one Colton turns to when he wants to cuddle or needs comfort. I think it's because I'm the only calm, peaceful person in his life. I will read the same book over and over or walk with him and point out all the little things to him just like my Nana did with me. I'm not lost in my phone or TV when I'm with him as nearly everyone else is.
* we've solidified plans to go away for a long weekend with friends in October. The same friends we will be going on a cruise with next summer to celebrate their 50th anniversary (and our 35th!).
* that, speaking of cruises, my mom is finally choosing a cruise to go on. John gave her a cruise (she could choose where to go) for Christmas 3 or 4 years ago and she's never shown much interest. Yesterday she showed me the one she thinks she wants to do. They would leave December 29 for California and spend a couple of days seeing all the activities surrounding the Tournament of Roses Parade and then actually seeing the parade before boarding their ship, which will cruise down the coast of Mexico, cut through the Panama Canal, swing through the Caribbean, and end up in Miami. They will be gone 21 days! Probably 23 with traveling to and from.
* the plumbing issues the kids were having at the new house turned out to not be anything major....though the plumber they got to come should be ashamed of himself for charging $400 for 15 minutes of work.
* we got to see some family we rarely see these days at a graduation party. Our kids grew up together and were like siblings back in the day. I miss that, but there were reasons so while the visit was nice, it also reinforced the rightness of not being close any longer.
* as always, for each one of you!
That's it for today. I have to get this posted and get ready to welcome Colton. I'm keeping him for just a bit while his mommy and daddy take their truck to the garage.
Have a blessed and beautiful day!