1. What's something in your house you'd like to get rid of but can't? The sofa. The scale is really not right for the living room and it's been well used so it's gotten squishy and it's just not comfortable....except to my husband. He has a lot of trouble sleeping and most nights ends up moving to the sofa and sleeping there. He refuses to allow me to get rid of it.
2. When is the last time you experienced a sense of nostalgia? Elaborate. At bible study this week we ended up talking about the order of things in a Christian household, which got us sharing stories about raising our kids.
3. You're only allowed three apps on your smart phone or tablet...which three do you keep? The Weather Channel, Facebook, and a game called Wordscapes.
4. July 11th is National Blueberry Muffin Day. Who knew? Do you like blueberry muffins? If you were going to have a muffin would blueberry be your choice? What's the last thing you baked? I do. I like most things with blueberries and it's a good thing since my stepdad has a very prolific patch of blueberry bushes. In fact, I'm going to pick some today. I don't know when I last baked. It's been a while as I don't like to have something like that sitting in the house for just the two of us. I will be making a couple loaves of zucchini/pineapple/blueberry bread, though.
3 eggs. 3 cups flour
2 cups sugar. 1 tsp. Baking soda
1 cup oil. 1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Vanilla. 1 tsp. Baking soda
1 cup drained, crushed pineapple
2 cups grated zucchini
1-2 cups blueberries (to your liking)
Mix all ingredients.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Makes 2 loaves. Freezes well also.
5. What's the biggest way you've changed since you were a child? In what way are you still the same? My dad was pretty controlling and strict when I was growing up. I NEVER talked back and I just silently took anything anyone said or did to avoid confrontation. That's no longer who I am. I'm kind about it, but I do speak up. As for staying the same, I'd say that it's that I've stayed pretty trusting of others.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I've been limping around with a painful ankle for about a week and a half. I already had an appointment with my pc scheduled for this Thursday so I figured I'd just ask him about it then and go from there. One of the men in my bible study group is a podiatrist and he took a quick look and said it's probably tendonitis. His advice? Wear supportive shoes, wear an ankle brace, take ibuprofen, ice it and if it gets worse or doesn't get better come see him. I've been doing all of that so I'll see what my pc has to see. If he tells me to see a specialist, I've already got one lined up. Man, this getting older is not for sissies!