This week I am thankful...
* My husband's knee surgery is behind us. The surgeon couldn't repair the tear in the meniscus because it was compound and too messed up, but he cleaned up the edges which seals off those raw nerve endings. He thinks my husband will be okay for now. Sometime in the future (hopefully many years in the future) he will probably have to face a knee replacement.
* For everyone who was praying for Tim and his surgery. I didn't find out until he was back in his room and we were getting his discharge instructions that the reason he was in recovery so long was that he didn't come out of the anesthesia very well. In fact, he said one of the nurses told him there were 6 people standing by worrying about him because...HE NEARLY FLAT-LINED!!!! I know all the prayer coverage made the difference.
* Tim is staying home today without too much grumbling.
* We are safe and dry. This area was hit by severe storms and flooding yesterday. We had to drive through some standing and/or running water coming home from Pittsburgh, but nothing too severe. My mom's basement got a good bit of water in it but she has most stuff up off the floor and the sump pumps and drains took care of the water quickly. Tim checked the rain gauge when we got home and found we'd gotten 4 inches of rain!
* Our daughter and her family made it to Alabama and back safely. They went to get their new puppy, Hank, who I finally met last night. He is a cutie and pretty calm for a puppy unless you get him wound up. My Poodle isn't too impressed with him and sits grumping at him from a safe spot. I hope we can get them to be friends...or at least tolerate each other.
|Colton and Hank have become best buds.|
* As always, for all of you!