April 26, 2018

Thankful Thursday Meets the Challenge

Good morning! It's a good day for a good day, isn't it? And if you said no, you just give yourself a big ol' hug and set yourself straight. As some wise person once said (I think it may have been Will Rogers) "A day is just about as good as you make up your mind it's going to be." So make up your mind right at the start....today is going to be a GOOD day!

What better way to start thinking positively than to look for blessings and express how thankful you are to the One who provided them.  I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday to do just that.


This week I am thankful...

* for no snow, milder temperatures, and flowers and trees popping out all over the place (even if it does mean pollen and allergies). It is awesome to see the earth coming out of it's winter slumber.

* that while the loan company threw a major wrench in the works of the kids getting the loan for the house two lots over from us (major, as in telling them last week they were approved, go ahead and make an offer and then telling them this week that they aren't approved) that they are working with them and there is still hope.

* for the joy Colton brings to my heart. He did something new the other day. He grabbed me by the finger and led me into the living room and then went and patted the chair I usually sit in with both hands. When I asked if he wanted me to sit there he nodded. So, I sat...and he climbed up and snuggled on my lap. Heart melt!

* for each one of the ladies who is coming tonight for the Beth Moore study on the fruit of the Spirit that I am leading. I have been praying for them since before I even knew who would be coming and I know, because God confirmed it with John 15:16,
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
that each one, including myself, is going to be there because God has brought us there for a reason.

* to be on the final countdown to the end of the school year. Only 23 more days! These last weeks are always the longest and the kids get "perkier" the closer we get to summer. (Did you catch that I was being kind there?)

* that Tim is finally coming to the end of the project he's been on for what seems like years, but in reality, it's been less than a year.  He cannot wait to shake off the dust of that place and move on. It has just been one irritation after the other for as long as he's been there. His next project is not any closer to home. In fact, it's further away, but his mood should still improve without the stress.

* as always, each one of you who takes the time to visit and read my posts.



April Challenge, Day 26

Things you'd say to an ex.

If I ran into him, I'd probably say "hi."  That's about it. No lectures or rants or tears or anything else. The past is just that, the past, and I've moved on to better things and the life God had planned for me and I hope he has moved on to a good life, as well.


That's it for today. I've got to go get some things done for tonight and find some lunch before it's time to head back to work for the afternoon. Have a beautiful day and be blessed!

10 comments:

  1. That would just melt my heart too if my Colton did that. So sweet! That is a great Bible Study. We did it a few years ago and loved it. Of course, I love most all of what Beth Moore does.

    Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like Beth Moore, too. I've seen her in person twice and she is such a good teacher. I was actually doing this one on my own and felt led to offer to lead it and make it available to the others.

      Delete
  2. I'll take the pollen just to get rid of snow ;)
    Hope you all have a great night studying Beth Moore - LOVE HER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it sad that we're THAT tired of winter??
      The study went well...really hit a couple of people hard and it was only the intro session. Can't wait to see where it takes us.

      Delete
  3. 23 days and counting! I enjoyed reading your list of thankfuls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 22 to go now! Not that I'm counting or excited or anything.

      Delete
  4. When I lost my mom a few years ago, I had to give her eulogy. I looked out at the assemblage, saw her four grandchildren in the first row, and just suddenly said, "You guys were the love of her life." I can tell you're going to be that kind of grandma, too. Your joy is infectious.

    How nice that you have the past in its place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....thank you. I had the most wonderful grandmother as a child. I hope I am half the grandmother she was.

      Delete
  5. BUMMER! Your daughter's loan company sounds like ours. What part of 'pre-approved' don't they get?
    I'm chuckling over here at your term, 'perkier'! HAPPY FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wasn't even a pre-approved thing. It was a flat out approval. I don't see how they can do that. So wrong to tell them to go make an offer and then go back on it. Still praying it works out since there is a financial person working on it.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.