Linking up with our hostess Bev and the rest of the gang for Sunday Stealing.
1. If you could eliminate a single type of insect in the world, which would it be? Mosquitoes. Do they even have a purpose beyond annoying you, leaving you with welts that itch like crazy, and spreading disease?
3. If you had to paint your entire home inside and out a single color other than white, what would you pick? I love orange, but that would be a lot of orange to look at, so maybe, a nice calm mossy green.
4. If you could decide what will be written on your gravestone, what would you have inscribed. I lived, I loved, I laughed, I enjoyed the journey and I hope I made yours better while we traveled together. I'm home now so remember me, but don't be sad. I'm where I've always wanted to be.
5. If you could have a secret listening device in any one room in the world, what room would you put it in? Maybe Carnegie Hall or another music venue so I could hear all the amazing music. I thought about saying the Oval Office or the Senate or something and decided I just don't want to hear that all the time.
6. If you could have any music group that no longer exists play at your birthday party, who would you want? I can't decide....either Creedence Clearwater Revival, the Stray Cats, or Smash Mouth.
7. If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do? I'd probably be a clown.
8. If you could master one type of cuisine, which one would you choose? Seafood. It's my favorite food, but my skills at cooking it remain so-so.
9. If you had to have one piece of music softly playing in your mind for the rest of your life, what would you want it to be? The hymn How Great Thou Art. I feel the splendor, power, and presence of God so strongly whenever I hear it. It would be amazing to feel that all the time.
10. If you could ensure one single personality trait in your children, what would you want it be? Kindness.
11. If you could resolve any single dispute, anywhere in the world, what would you solve? Israel/Palestine
12. If you could be a guest on any talk show, which would you like to be on? Ellen. She is funny. She's fun. She is NICE to everyone, not just the people who think just like her.
13. If you were to be a news correspondent posted to any foreign country, where would you like to go? In another lifetime I dreamed of being a foreign correspondent in the Middle East. If I could have that career now I'd be all about some place like Jamaica. Not much exciting to write about, but sunny and warm would go a long way toward keeping me happy.
14. If you could have been on the Supreme court for any single case in its history, which would you select? They've made so many decisions that have changed life as we know it. How to choose just one? Brown vs. Board of Education...Roe vs. Wade...Citizens United vs. Federal Election Commission.
15. If you could pick one person from history to live next door to you, who would you pick? There are a lot of admirable historical figures, but I have doubts that many of them would be someone I'd want living next door. Thinking only about who'd make a good neighbor even if they weren't famous....Mother Theresa, Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush, Billy Graham.