April 21, 2018

Saturday 9: Love Don't Cost a Thing

Saturday 9: Love Don't Cost a Thing (2001)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Love may not cost a thing, but everyday stuff does. What's the most recent thing you bought? How much did you spend?  A magazine about flea markets would be the last thing, I think. It was ridiculously priced at $10.99. I hate how expensive magazines have become.

2) This video begins with Jennifer Lopez on the phone, on a veranda with a view of the sea. What's the view from the room you're in right now?  If it were daylight and if the blinds were open, I'd be able to see the cottage-y home of two elderly sisters. They spend a LOT of time working on their yard and it looks like it could be in a magazine.

3) She sings that she doesn't want her lover's gifts or money, she just wants his attention. Let's change that a bit. Which would you prefer: a gift that was personally chosen but you know you'll never use, or cash?  Practically thinking, cash would be better...it's always the right size and color, but how good are we about taking birthday money to treat ourselves to something special as the giver most likely intended?  I know I can't be the only one who more often than not just grabs that cash when I need to hit the grocery store.  So, I guess I'd rather have the gift that thought was put into...even if it serves no purpose but to sit somewhere and remind me of the giver and that they thought of me.

4) She met her first husband, dancer Cris Judd, while working on this video. She met Ben Affleck, to whom she was once engaged, while working on amovie. Think of those you're closest to -- where did you meet them?  At work, at school, and through other friends seem to be the main locations, with a generous dash of "family" thrown in.

5) She and her current boyfriend, former Yankee Alex Rodriguez, are both workout fanatics. How often do you exercise?   Not nearly often enough.

6) Her high school nickname was "La Guitarra," because her curvy shape reminded her friends of a guitar. Share a high school memory about you and your friends.  My high school BFF came from a really large family that was boisterous, loud, and pursued fun...things my family was not.  I used to go with them quite often to family get-togethers on the weekends and it was usually quite late when we'd be headed home.  My friend's parents used to love to get us out on some remote, back road and scare us half to death with horror stories.  It was a lot of fun.

7) JLo just completed filming her third season playing a police detective on NBC's Shades of Blue. Did you see anything memorable on TV this past week?  I can't think of anything, so I guess I didn't.

8) Jennifer Lopez posts often on Facebook, and Twitter, and Instagram. Do you feel you spend too much time on social media, do you wish you posted more often, or do you try to avoid it altogether?  Yes, I do tend to feel I'm wasting time I could be doing something more productive.

9)  Random question: You're at a yard sale and come upon an unusual little knicknack that would make the perfect gift for your best friend. The tag says $7. You think that's rather high for a castoff. Do you pay it? Do you pass on it? Or do you try to get the seller to lower the price?  I'd definitely get it (you can't count on ever finding something again), but I'd probably probably also try to get whatever it is at a lower price first.


Did you enjoy the questions and answers? Stop by the Saturday 9 site and let Sam know and then maybe join in the fun.




Spring is finally paying a visit to this part of the country. We'll be seeing sunshine and temperatures in the upper 50s. It's about time! Winter needs to stay gone.

I'll be babysitting our youngest grandson for a while this morning while his daddy and mommy meet with the owners of a house two lots over from us. I learned the house would be going on the market before it was listed and last weekend the kids were able to walk through it. They really liked it and spent the week jumping through hoops to get approved for a loan. This morning they are going to see if they and the owners can come to an agreement on the cost. I am sure praying it works out. This Nanny (and Pappy, too!) would sure love to have one of our grandkids that close.

Tonight we are taking my mom and stepdad out to dinner to celebrate his birthday yesterday and their anniversary today.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

  1. I liked your answer on the gift v. cash question. And two doors down! That would be so convenient for you (as I suspect you figure you already spend plenty of time behind the wheel).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it's going to happen! They put in an offer today and it was accepted!

      Delete
  2. I, too, enjoyed your thoughtful answer to gift v. cash. 'Will say a prayer your daughter's relocation goes through! In these uncertain times, I believe family ties are more important than ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids put in their offer today and it was accepted! It is going to be like the old days of this neighborhood. My mom, my daughter and me all living within 2 houses of each other. I'm so excited!

      Delete
  3. I so seldom go to Yard Sales, I don't know the etiquette of price dickering so I would pay the $7.

    Good luck to the house hunters! And happy Spring! I almost dare to hope it's here in Northern Maine, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dickering isn't so bad once you actually jump in and just start doing it. I try not to be insulting with my offer and more often than not the people will accept it or counter with a price a little more but still below the marked price.

      Praying we all see Spring here to stay soon!

      Delete
  4. I was having trouble leaving comments today so I apologize if you got more than one from me. That is exciting about your grandkids and the possibility of them being two doors down from you. I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, only one comment. :)

      The kids' offer was accepted so we should be getting our new neighbors the second week of June. We are so stinking excited about having our grandson that close.

      Delete
  5. Hope you get that grandchild closer! I know that would be great for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's going to happen! They made their offer this morning and it was accepted!

      Delete
  6. I,m too, am appalled at the price of magazines. The only time I read one is when I'm in a waiting room somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just ridiculous when more than half of a magazine is ads that someone paid to place? How much money do they need to make?

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.