February 25, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Moral Conundrum Edition

Here are some questions Smellyann (one of our regular thieves) found on Pinterest.
(Thanks!) 


1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel.  Wow. This is a really hard question. I don't know. Both situations can be rather awkward. I guess, though, if I must choose...I'd rather look you in the eye when I'm telling you what's on my mind than stand there while you tell me. 




2.  Think of the last time you were REALLY angry.  WHY were you angry?  Do you still feel the same way?  I was beyond angry just before Christmas a couple of years ago (I don't get truly angry very often). I invited a woman from my bible study group to go on a bus trip to see the light display at a resort a couple of hours from here. First, she said we should invite our husbands along, so we did. Then she opened the invitation up to everyone in the group. Only one woman accepted and she brought her young daughter and her friend...so she didn't have to entertain her.  The husbands were both not feeling well and not in good moods so they weren't company. The friend I invited decided to sit with the other woman and put me with her granddaughter and the guys together. She said our seats were right across the aisle so we could all talk back and forth. Great plan except she and the other woman talked and carried on non-stop and didn't include anyone else. By the time we got home 7 or 8 hours later I was absolutely livid. 


No, I don't feel the same way. I waited until I cooled off, but then I told them how they had made me feel...on a trip they were only on because I had invited one of them. Things got discussed and hashed out and we are good now. I'd have let the anger go, anyway. It just eats at you and 9 times out of 10 the one you're mad at is totally clueless so it's just pointless.




3.  You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane.  You have enough time to make one phone call. Who do you call?  My husband.  What do you tell them?  I love you...tell the kids and grandkids I love them, too.





4.  You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live.  Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die?  Yeah, I'd probably tell everyone I'm close to. What do you do with your remaining days?  Spend as much time as I can with my family and friends. Do as many of the things I enjoy or have on my bucket list as I can. Would you be afraid?  No, I have faith in where I'm going.





5.  You can have one of the following two things.  Which do you choose?  Why?  Love and Trust.  Love, because "...now these three remain: faith, hope, and love, but love is the greatest of these."  Love trumps all.





6.  You are walking down the street on your way to work.  There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street.  Your boss has told you that if you are late just one more time you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dog’s life?  Why? Why not?  I would like to say I would save the dog, but I don't know. I guess it would depend on how much I needed to keep my job. I do know that if I couldn't stay, I'd at least call for help.





7.  Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?  They are the same person, so I'd rather not be hurt by either one.





8.  Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship.  He/she is falling in love with you.  What do you (or did you) say?  That would totally depend on how I felt about them. I've never been in that position, thank goodness.





9.  Think of the last person you know who died.  You have the chance to give them 1 hour more of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours.  Do you do it?  Why? Or Why not?
  In all honesty, probably not. What would be accomplished by bringing them back for one hour? The answer to that might sway my decision.





10.  Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
Yes.





11.  Does love = sex?  It should within a marriage (barring any physical problems) the intimacy helps cement the commitment and helps a couple feel closer in other ways, too.





12.  Your boss tells your co-worker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee.  You have been there much longer.  Your co-worker has a family to support and no other means of income.  Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company?  Why or Why not.
   Again, it would depend on the situation. Do I have a family to support? If I do, I probably would not forfeit my job. If I was not dependent on my job, I might. I'd really have to pray about it and look at the co-worker's situation and my knowledge of them. I wouldn't give up my job for someone who has a history of quitting jobs, for example.





13.  When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say?  What did you have to tell the person?  I can't think of anything that was difficult anytime recently.





14.  What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite/same sex – you love them or that you do not love them back.  If it's someone I care about as a friend, it would be much harder to tell them I didn't love them after they'd said they loved me. I hate hurting anyone and it could possibly mean losing the friendship.






If you enjoyed the questions and answers, please be sure to visit
the Sunday Stealing site to find links to the other bloggers
playing along and leave a comment for our hostess, Bev,
letter her know you appreciate her efforts each week.




HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY, FRIENDS!

11 comments:

  1. We had a lot of similar answers to this one. Not exactly my favorite SS! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great answers to some difficult questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, these really were tough! Glad I didn't take it on! LOL I enjoyed your well-thought out answers though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks, but I don't know how much I thought about them. I did it late last night before I went to bed. I had to finish the pictures today because I kept falling asleep. LOL

      Delete
  4. What Terri just said (*smile*). Perfect meme to accompany #7!
    I thought some of those questions were really negative ... or maybe, I'm just in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really were tough. But I did enjoy the one about choosing love. No contest in my eyes.
    When asked, this happened:
    Jesus declared, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
    Mathew 22:37. It's to live for....

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.