December 6, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge: All I Want for Christmas

From this Side of the Pond  
Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! I hope you enjoy reading my answers and if you'd like to play along, just click the Wednesday Hodgepodge logo up there at the top of the post to go to the site for the rules and all that. Don't forget to say "hi" to our hostess, Joyce!

1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?  Wow...let's not start off with something easy! I don't know, maybe something like Life Goes On, Finding My Way, or Finding Peace.

2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave? I really don't "cook" anything in the microwave. It's strictly for thawing and reheating. No, I couldn't live without it. We'd never have dinner if we got rid of it because I never remember to thaw meat beforehand so I'm always nuking it at the last second.

3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why? Hark the Herald Angels. It's just my favorite traditional carol and as for why I'd want to be in it...can you imagine being there when the sky was full of angels proclaiming the birth of Christ?! Wowzers!!!

4. Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken. It was actually on one of the bus runs I had in the past. It was before dawn and we'd had a heavy frost. One section of road was almost tunnel-like because of trees and brush growing right up to the edges. As I drove through it with the bus, the headlights reflected off the frost and it was like driving through a tunnel of twinkly lights.

5. What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)  The ONLY thing I want for Christmas is for the bathroom my husband tore out over a year ago to be finished! One bathroom is not cutting it.

6. Insert your own random thought here. We had a rough start to the week here...we had to put our older dog, Elvis, down on Monday. He was a special boy and our hearts are broken, but after an especially bad day yesterday, my heart seems to be coming to grips with reality. I'm not bawling every 5 minutes, anyway. This is the first time our daughter has had to deal with the loss of someone or something she cared so much about, though, and since he was originally her dog, she is having a very tough time of it.

6 comments:

  1. I've not listened to any music along my commute in more than a year ... yet this morning I was singing Hark the Herald Angels Sing. Badly, but singing nonetheless. Almost makes one want to stand.

    Glad to hear you're feeling stronger. Little by litle, m'friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed...little by little. I'm actually feeling a good bit better this evening.

      Delete
  2. It is always hard to lose a beloved pet. My heart breaks for all of you. I enjoyed reading your answers. Sorry to rush through the comment tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful drive. And oh yes, I would love to have been there to see the angels telling of His birth. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. I'm so sorry about Elvis. I have an aging dog, and wonder how much longer we will have him. You're so right about the microwave. If I didn't have it to defrost, we'd never eat anything but eggs for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great drive...but I'm sorry about your dog.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.