People are still busy so this is a short one, stolen from Joyce of "From This Side of the Pond."
1. Where have you found unexpected magic or delight this holiday season? I can't say it was unexpected, but I have certainly delighted in watching our youngest grandson experience Christmas. Is there anything better than the innocent wonder of children?
2. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month? I'm not much for big crowds and trying to think of things to say to people I don't know all that well, so I like small gatherings of family or friends and I've been blessed to get together that way several times this month.
3. Time has named 'The Silence Breakers' (women who came forward with stories of harassment) 'person of the year' for 2017. Would you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title? I don't know who I feel should receive that honor, but I don't really agree with "the silence breakers." I'm absolutely in favor of men (or anyone) being held accountable if they are out of line sexually in the workplace (or anywhere), but the definition of "harassment" is so loosey-goosey that men are being accused for the smallest of things. Then there is the thing about our legal system where the accused is supposed to be presumed innocent until they have their day in court. Most of the men who are accused are having their lives destroyed without anything more than the say-so of someone. It stinks of a witch hunt. I just think we should proceed with a bit more caution, because I am afraid some innocent men are losing everything.
4. How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate. I spent a LOT of time putting our daughter's wedding together. I spent a LOT of time in the company of our youngest grandson...cuddling and enjoying having a baby to hold. I spent a LOT of time dealing with some personal things in my times with God. I am happy about all of those things. The one thing I'm not so happy about is the amount of time I spent online. I really need to cut back.
5. Bid farewell to 2017 in ten words or less. I'm thankful for changes, growth, and joy 2017 brought us.
6. Insert your own random thought here. The one thing I hope that 2018 brings to all of us is a return of peace, love, and understanding of one another...Of being kind to one another instead of angry and hateful and violent.
Be sure to visit the Sunday Stealing site to find the links to more players' answers or to join in the fun yourself.
Happy New Year to you and yours!
May 2018 be a year of love,health,
prosperity, and contentment.