I'm joining up with our hostess, Bev, and the other thieves for a little Sunday Stealing before it's back to work and reality on Monday. My schedule is really kicking my butt this year. I am up at 3:45 A.M. and out the door by 5:00. I come home for lunch at 11:30 and then head back to work by 1:30. It's 5:30 P.M. by the time I get home. There's not much time to accomplish anything during the day and by the time I get home, cook dinner and we eat and clean up afterward...I am spent.
I am thinking very seriously about giving up the vo-tech run so I can be home a couple more hours during the day, but I'm not going to make a decision before our daughter's wedding on the 23rd. I'm afraid if I quit the run, my boss will hold it against me and not give me the week of the wedding off. Of course, he hasn't said if I can have it yet or not, anyway.
Well, enough of my complaints. On with Sunday Stealing!
This is from a blog called "Let's Pretend," which has not been active for 3 years, but I'm reviving it briefly!
1. What is your middle name? Lynn
2. What is your favorite color? Orange
3. What’s your lucky number? I don't have a lucky number, but I like the number 9.
4. Do you have any pets? Two dogs. The Beagle/Basset mix is named Elvis and the Toy Poodle is named Daisy. The Poodle is the boss.
5. Where are you from? Here. Here being a little southeast of Pittsburgh.
6. How tall are you? Around 5'5".
7. What shoe size are you? Canoe. (Long and narrow)
8. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Probably around 20, but I only wear about 4 or 5 of them with any regularity.
9. What was your last dream about? I don't know. I've been having some real dooseys lately. They wake me up, but then they are gone. It's unusual for me. Normally, I sleep so deeply that I don't remember dreaming at all.
10. What talents do you have? Writing, cooking, planning big events (I actually think I'd have been an event planner if that had been an option back when I was deciding what to go to school for.), and procrastination.
11. Are you psychic in any way? No.
12. Favorite song? Of all time? Billy Joel's Piano Man.
13. Favorite movie? I always answer with Dirty Dancing, but it's a pretty close race between it and A Christmas Story and While You Were Sleeping.
14. Are you religious? No. I have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Religions and all their rules for the "correct" way to worship are man-made institutions. I still believe in going to church (I need the fellowship with other believers, the chance to worship, and the opportunities to serve)...I just don't buy into all of it. My philosophy is simple when it comes to what the church says, if it's not in the Bible then it isn't so.
15. Have you ever been to the hospital? For myself? A few times...childbirth, kidney stone, gall bladder. For others in my family? Many, many, many times.
16. Have you ever been in trouble with the law? No.
17. Have you ever met any celebrities? A few. When I was a little girl my grandmother always took me to the county fair. It was a very big fair and always had big shows in the grandstand. I met many from the cast of both the Lawrence Welk Show and Hee Haw. I once met Cathy Rigby who was an Olympic gymnast and medalist in the 70s. I met David Eisenhower at the rededication of a piece originally dedicated by President Eisenhower. I've met quite a few of the Steelers over the years since their training camp is held here in my town. A few years ago I got to meet Toby Keith.
18. What color socks are you wearing? I'm not wearing any socks.
19. Have you ever been famous? No.
20. Would you like to be a big celebrity? No, I don't think I would enjoy being on display like that at all.
21. What type of music do you like? Just about anything but death metal and the darkest and most violent of rap.
22. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two. I have trouble with my back and neck and switch back and forth as one or the other is more comfortable at different times.
23. What position do you usually sleep in? On my side.
24. How big is your house? Not big enough. We are crammed in here like sardines when everyone is home. I am hoping next year will be the year we finally add on a big living room and turn our current living room into a dining room.
25. What do you typically have for breakfast? Nothing. Lately I've been following the 16-hour fast thinking on diet, which is eat nothing for 16 hours after your last food at night and once you break the fast you can eat what you want for 8 hours. It is working out better than I thought it would and once your body adjusts you don't binge during those 8 hours.