September 14, 2017

Thankful to the Moon and Back (and so much more than that!)

Hey all! I hope you're having a great week. Life is getting really hectic here as we are just 9 days away from our daughter's wedding. It's going to be a wonderful day, but I have to say that my stress level has jumped from yellow to red as we hit single digits in the countdown. Pray the bride remains calm so I am not pushed to the red (nuclear) level!

I don't have much time, but I do want to link up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit by God's Hand to list the many things I am blessed by and thankful for.  Be sure to pay her a visit and check out the links to other thankful people.


This week I am thankful... 

* to my boss for working things out to cover my bus run so I can take all of next week off to get ready for the wedding.  This is one of the worst times to ask for time off due to all the sports events.  Add to that our being short one driver to begin with and it's nothing short of a miracle.  I'm doubly glad because my husband wanted me to quit if I didn't get the time off.

* for the fun little guy my Boogie is growing into.  Can you believe he turned 9 months old yesterday! Where is the time going???




* for each thing that has come together and fallen into place and that none of the things the bride has been sure were existence-ending catastrophes were more than bumps in the road once she calmed down.

* for God who slaps His hand over my mouth at just the right times.

* for all the little "God-incidences" that take place.  Like a study done on my own that poured light on the lesson in Bible study...that "just happened" to deal with something a member is going through.  It is so cool how God just hooks it all together and makes it work for the best!

* for the extended weather forecast that is predicting sunshine and a temperature of 77 for next Saturday.  Thank you, Lord!  (I've had everyone and their brother/sister/aunt/uncle/cousin praying for dry weather.)

* for truths I am learning and for what I hope is growth that pleases God.

* for all this and so much more and, of course, for all of you!

Have a blessed week, friends!




8 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you get that time off to wedding prep. What an exciting time ahead!!!

    I honestly cant believe how fast that cutie is growing!!!

    I know God has an angel on stand by at all times for that hand over my mouth thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited/anxious/and anything else that describes it. A whole year of talking and planning and it's nearly here! Of course next Sunday is going to be like the day after Christmas...or maybe New Years Day because that's when we take our tree down and the day after the wedding we're going to have to clean up and put away and get things ready for the rental places to pick them up...and then back to work the day after that.

      Delete
  2. How exciting! It's just amazing how much God has a hand in not just the big stuff but all the little stuff too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I love it when He allows us a peek behind the curtain at how everything connects.

      Delete
  3. And next month at this time, it will all be a beautiful memory.
    I love what you said about God slapping his hand over your mouth at just the right time. :)

    PS - That's so neat how your hubby has your back (re. your present work.) Props to the man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited for the wedding to get here, but at the same time I will be relieved when it's over. Soooo much stress from dealing with my daughter's stress. (That's usually where that hand over my mouth comes in.)

      My hubby might drive me nuts on the little stuff, but on the big stuff he's always got my back. :)

      Delete
  4. I love how God pieces the things in our life together so perfectly. We don't always see it, but He is always working. So glad you got next week off to finish preparing and I hope everything goes perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His interweaving of everything never fails to amaze me!

      Thank you for the well wishes. :)

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.