September 24, 2017

Sunday Stealing: I Survived the Wedding Edition

Sitting here at 12:01 A.M. trying to get my legs to quit cramping so I can go to bed. It's been a long, long day...but a mostly good one.  Our daughter's wedding was today. I'm sure the bridal party is still partying up a storm, but those of us who have been up since before the crack of dawn to make it all happen are whipped. If these darn cramps ever let up, I'm sure I'll sleep better than I have in ages. Too bad the men all chose 8:00 A.M. as the time for us all to meet and clean up so everything can be ready to go back to the rental place.

Still, it was a beautiful day and my stepdad's farm provided a lovely setting.  Here's a peek (more pics on Monday, if you're interested).




Our hostess, Bev, says today's meme was written by a Marissa Seymour for a post titled Today is a Fashion Show & the World is My Runway


1. A way to win your heart.

Be kind, be funny, be honest about who you are, and treat me like I matter to you.

2. Something you feel strongly about.

Snakes. I loathe the things and have never met one I like.

3. A book you love.

Nobody's ever heard of it, but one of the best books I've ever read is called Lottery by Patricia Wood. It's about a guy who is a little, okay a lot, slow....but he's not retarded as he points out right at the beginning. He's one IQ point above the cut off for that. Anyway, he and his grandmother have always played the lottery and they finally win, but Grandma goes and dies.  The rest of the story is how people look out for him or try to take advantage of him and how he's a lot smarter than people think he is. It was a beautiful story and beautifully written. It deserves to be a modern classic, but it doesn't seem to have gotten any recognition.

4. Five pet peeves.

Drivers who go really slow then break all land speed records when you try to pass them.
Any sentence that begins with "I don't mean to judge (speak ill of, be nosy, etc.), but..."
Drivers who pull out in front of school buses so they don't have to be behind them...only to take the very next turn.
Drivers who run the red lights on a school bus. It happens way more than you'd imagine, even out here in the sticks where I drive.
Getting a drink at the drive-thru and the beverage is overflowing the lid and running down the sides and they don't know/care enough to wipe it off or at least hand you some napkins to wipe it off.

5. What you ate today

Not very much...too much excitement and waaaay too hot...but there were plenty of options available at the wedding (roast chicken, barbecue pulled pork, baked ziti, potato casserole, green beans with bacon, baked beans, pasta salad, fiesta corn, and lots of cookies and cupcakes).

6. How important do you think education is?

I was raised to think that it was the only way to get ahead and make something of yourself, but I don't agree any more. I think, that yes, everyone should have a basic level of formal education, but these days the kids who get some kind of technical training seem to have far more job opportunities than someone with a liberal arts degree.

7. Five people you find attractive

My husband, Kyle Chandler, Simon Cowell (I have no explanation for that one), Sam Elliot (and most cowboys), and Toby Keith on a good day.

8. What you wore today.

A deep wine colored lace dress and silver sandals.

9. Something you always think “what if” about.

Usually it's about the choices I made when I was younger concerning school.

10. Something you’re proud of

Losing 30 pounds and I'm not done yet.

11. Something you lust after.

Ford Mustangs. Grabber Blue with black rally stripes, please?

12. A word/phrase that makes you laugh.

Can't think of any specific one.

13. A quote you try to live by.

There are a bunch....love everyone, treat people the way you want them to treat you, it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt (think before you speak).

14. Something you like and dislike about yourself.

I like that I am fair. I make it a point to try and understand where someone is coming from and allow them some grace.  I don't like being an introvert.

15. A problem that you have had.

Well, the biggest one I had today was realizing that we totally forgot about napkins for the cookie table and the bar. Luckily, Mom had quite a few in the house. 

Don't forget to pop on over to Sunday Stealing to find links to the rest of the quizzers!


6 comments:

  1. So glad your daughter’s wedding turned out well. Looking forward to seeing mor pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding venue looks perfect - weather too! Can't wait to see more photos tomorrow! It was a fun Sunday Stealing today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers, Stacy! (Toby ... yessss!)
    Your hubby did such a great job on that archway, and your daughter looks stunning. The lace-up back is a great effect!

    Not my usual (genre) go-to, but that book sounds really intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it was a very beautiful wedding. Congratulations to the Bride and Groom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your daughter on her marriage and to you for surviving the wedding! :) I'm always on the lookout for more books to read so I added Lottery to my Goodreads stack and also sent a request to my library to locate it and add to their collection.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.