September 20, 2017

Falling for the Hodgepodge

1. What's something you'd rate a 10/10? Tell us why. 

The customer service at Lane Bryant stores. I hadn't been in one for years until this morning. I was in search of a bra that would work with the dress I have for my daughter's wedding and that also happened to fit and feel comfortable. The saleswoman and the manager both helped me. They have large comfy dressing rooms that are reserved with your name on the door until you are done shopping and the saleswoman did all the running back and forth to get me new styles and sizes so I didn't have to keep getting dressed and running out of the dressing room. The manager even came and helped me with fitting.

2. What job would you be terrible at? What makes you think so? 


Being a waitress. First of all, I'm sort of not graceful and I'm sure folks would rather have their food put on the table than dumped in their lap. I'd probably also have a hard time staying "nice" when people were yelling and complaining at me as much as I've witnessed some doing. People can get pretty cranky when it comes to their food!

3. When did you last take a fall? What's something you're falling for (in a good way) these days? 


My last fall....I think it was two winters ago, or maybe three, on the icy parking lot at work. It's gravel so it gets plowed, but they don't salt it. It just gets a few cinders now and then. I've wiped out there several times and my left knee accumulates fluid now and then because of all the falls.  What am I falling for? The new Holley Gerth book that came in yesterday's mail. It's very good and I will be posting a review in October.

4. According to the Travel Channel here are some of America's best fall festivals-

National Apple Harvest Festival (near Arendtsville PA, close to Gettysburg), Harvest on the Harbor (Portland Maine), German Village Festival (Columbus Ohio), Wellfleet Oyster Fest (Cape Cod), and Wine and Chile Fiesta (Santa Fe NM)

Have you ever been to any of the festivals listed? Which one appeals to you most? Does your hometown have any sort of fall celebration, and if so will you make it a point to attend?


I haven't been to any of the festivals listed, but I'd love to go to all but the German Village Festival. I don't know why, but it just doesn't appeal to me. The one in PA is close enough to me to be doable and the rest involve the shore and seafood or New Mexico...all of which are among my favorite things.

My hometown doesn't have a fall celebration, but many of the towns around us do. The most notable being Fort Ligonier Days, which is recognized as one of the top arts and craft festivals in the country. It also has plenty of food, music, history reenactments at the fort (the gateway to the American frontier during the period of the French and Indian War), and a huge parade. We never missed it when I was growing up, but since my dad died we've only gone a few times. It's still great but it's grown so much and the crowds are huge...I'd rather not deal with them.

5. What is your goodbye message to summer?


Dear Summer, 

You know you were never my favorite season so it should come as no surprise that I am not sorry to see you go. Lovely Autumn with her gilded colors, vibrant scents and scrumptious flavors, is the one who holds my heart. Go back to where you came from and bide your time until next year. By then I will be glad to see you again.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


I did a crazy thing today. It's just three days until our daughter's wedding and I bought a new dress to wear for it. I already had a dress...a long, beaded, formal affair that I wasn't in love with from the start. Then yesterday I tried it on with my shoes and found that I've lost enough weight that it now fits rather loosely in the chest. 

I went shopping today hoping to find a strapless bra that wouldn't show and possibly make the dress fit better since it's a bit late for alterations. The dress would have sufficed, but I was not happy with it at all and I also feared that with the heat that's being predicted for Saturday I would be hot and miserable.

After finding a bra at Lane Bryant I decided to look around the store since I hadn't been there before. As I walked up to the front of the store...THERE IT WAS. A beautiful, wine-colored, lace dress. It's not a gown, but it's very elegant in a simple way. It's comfortable and it will not be so hot. I absolutely love it! I don't feel like a dowdy old grandma in it.


That's it for this week's Hodgepodge. 
Please besure to stop over and visit 

7 comments:

  1. What a great example of (Lane Bryant associates) going above and beyond! Are you going to share that with Corporate?

    I'm no expert, but "simple" and "elegant" are two of my favorite words when it comes to fashion. I can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found a dress you're happy wearing. Best wishes to the bride and groom! Hoping you'll post some pics after the big day, but in the meantime enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee for finding another dress that will work nicely for the wedding! I enjoyed your hodgepodge. May all go well with the wedding and may it be full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy you found a dress you are comfortable wearing, nothing worse than wearing something that you don't particularly like! I love hear about good service, which is a rarity these days. Best wishes to your daughter and her future husband, thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take lots of pics of you in that hot sexy dress!!! Good for you shedding some weight & having a looser dress!
    I always had good luck with the sales people at Lane Bryant too. so friendly & helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome you found a dress that you love. That will make the day even better. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for finding a dress that you love and will be comfortable in!! Can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.