September 19, 2017

Wedding Week Update


Here we are a mere four (4!!!!) days from the wedding of our daughter, our youngest child. Am I panicking? Not yet, but it may come. There is more danger of the bride imploding than of me cracking. She is one who dwells on things and also tends toward seeing the cup as smashed, broken, and totally emptied out rather than either half full or half empty. It makes for some stressful moments as each thing can quickly become a make it or break it in her mind. Thankfully, she usually calms down after taking a few moments to process it.

This is so true! I can't believe how rude
people are about not responding. We even stamped and
addressed the RSVPs. All they had to do was check
yes or no and drop it in the mail. Even when asked
or called quite a few refuse to be pinned down
one way or another. Keeping all THEIR options
open, I guess, is the reason for it.


Yesterday was a busy day. I was out the door at 8:30 to head to Walmart in search of paint for the arch my husband built (to the bride's specifications, ala Pinterest) out of two old doors I bought just for the purpose. Then it was off to meet the caterer to get the table linens from her so we can set up the centerpieces ahead of them coming in to set up the buffet.



My doctor's office is, thankfully, just across the road from the caterer's day job in a podiatrist's office so I was able to be on time for my appointment. (Another check up on my weight loss journey with Adipex-P. I am down another 4 pounds and it turned out that I can be on it for one more month before having to take a break.)



Walmart only had part of the paints I needed to get so my next stop after the doctor was Lowe's to find the the rest of the paint. A friend of mine, who is also the wedding photographer, texted me while I was waiting for the paint to be mixed and asked if she could come out to the farm and have a look around and scout out potential photo sites. I hadn't counted on that, but up the ridge to the farm I went (with lunch from Arby's in a sack and a HUGE soda to give me some extra oomph). I was there a bit before she arrived and she spent a good while looking around and talking to the bride and groom...and me, too.



I ended up having just enough time after my friend left the farm to swing by the florist's to ask if they could save the flower petals they remove or that fall off for use in the flower girls' baskets. They can't...said it's too hard. (I asked because I've heard of other florists that do. I guess more phone calls will be made today.)

From there I went home to let the poor puppies out and grab a 30-minute nap before heading up the mountain on Rt. 30 to Jennerstown to meet up with a woman selling wedding stuff on one of the Facebook flea market sites. Had she posted a few months ago I probably would have bought most if not all of what she was selling....beautiful and perfectly matched to my daughter's theme of fall/sunflowers. As it was, I purchased an adorable sunflower headpiece with dreamy long streamers for our granddaughter to wear as the junior bridesmaid (and puller of the wagon holding our little guy with the sign asking "Are you ready, Daddy? Here comes our girl.").



By the time I got back home and got dinner ready it was 8:00! I was quite glad afterward to clean up after the meal, get into my jammies and relax in the recliner for a while.

So far today there is no where I HAVE to go, except for Bible study tonight...I need that sanity in my week even more than usual! I am hoping to use the day to get started on a thorough cleaning of the house. I don't expect much if any company to come here (they are all staying with other family) but you never know.




8 comments:

  1. You so know I'm laughing at the wedding photographer meme. I always tell my brides, on the day, I am your best friend, your psychiatrist, your bodyguard, your seamstress, your hairdresser, your make up artist... its never ending for the photographer.
    Try & have fun... I know it's going to be so busy & hectic, but just let things play out & take it all in - you know - the day will FLY by - grab memories on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of you when I posted this. It's true...the photographer and DJ keep everything running smoothly. I'm happy because ours is a good friend from high school and another good friend from school is helping with the catering. I may spend more time hanging out with them if things get too bad. (You know I'm praying the groom's mother behaves herself.)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like everything is coming together. Hope you get some rest today and that the rest of the week goes smoothly. Enjoy your Bible Study tonight. We have one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, as these things seem to do at the last minute. I hope it stays that way, too!

      Bible study was great...just what I needed. I hope yours was a blessing, too.

      Delete
  3. Had to smile through this! Everything will come together and it will be a perfect event. I can't wait to see the photos and hope you have many, many to share!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I charged up the camera battery today so I will be taking some pictures. I don't know when I will get access to the official pictures. My daughter will get them first and she wants to use Photoshop on them before posting. I hope it won't be too long.

      Delete
  4. Deep breaths, Stacy! That RSVP meme is a hoot. That's one of my own pet peeves. Don't let those oafs get y'all down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my newest pet peeve. I don't understand how people can be so rude and thoughtless.

      No worries about them getting me down. I padded the head count with the caterer. Though my step-dad is threatening to tell anyone who shows up and didn't RSVP that they can't eat. That should make things interesting. :/

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.