August 16, 2017
A Doggone Good Hodgepodge
1. Do your actions match your words? Elaborate. I sure hope so. I really try hard to always mean what I say and say what I mean. It's no secret I'm pretty serious about my Christian faith and there doesn't seem to be much the world likes less than a Christian whose actions don't match their words. The Bible tells us God's not too happy with those folks, either, so I try my darnedest not to be a hypocrite.
I also have the added incentive of not wanting to be like my dad who's favorite saying when he disciplined me was "Do as I say, not as I do." Ugh! I absolutely hated that when I was a kid and vowed to never, ever say it to anyone.
2. Sick as a dog, go to the dogs, dog days of summer, dog tired, it's a dog's life, every dog has it's day, can't teach an old dog new tricks...now doggone it which saying could most recently be applied to your life?
Well, I guess we are really in the dog days of summer with only a little over a week until school starts and I have to head back to work. (Nooooooooo!) When I look around outside all the greenery is starting to get that slightly faded look of late summer and the days have a kind of lazy, hazy quality to them. However, dog tired fits right now, too, as we are getting ready for the bridal shower this Saturday and we're only a bit over a month from the wedding. There is so much to do!
And I just got home from trailing behind my daughter for several hours at the mall while she was searching for just the right dress to wear to the shower. When did it get to be a thing that brides have to wear a white dress to their shower? Anyway, I am definitely dog tired right now.
3. Your favorite book featuring a dog in the storyline? What makes it a favorite?
I honestly can't think of one. There are some series of cozy mysteries that feature dogs, but while I enjoy them, I can't say they are favorites...I can't even think of the names of them.
4. What's something you hope to one day have the confidence to do?
I can't really think of anything other than speak in front of a group without getting so anxious about it. I've done it many times, anyway, but it's torture. I'd love to be calm and confident when I have to speak.
5. August 16th is National Tell a Joke Day. So tell us a joke.
Q. What does a nosy pepper do?
A. Gets jalapeno business. (say it with an accent)
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I had to unfriend another person on Facebook today. I think that is only the third person I've done that to. I don't like to do it, but sometimes you just can't do anything else. I don't mind if someone has different views from me...as long as we can all be calm, rational and respectful of each other. To that end I've been avoiding nearly all mention of political stuff in an effort to keep my space a positive space. However, a former classmate has been spewing hate about President Trump and everyone who voted for him ever since the election and it has gotten progressively worse. I just don't understand and am saddened by the pure hate I see flowing from previously nice people. I don't know how or if we can ever heal the rift in this country.