|Click here visit our hostess,|
Rebecca Jo @ Knit by God's Hand.
It's Thursday and you know what that means.
This week I am thankful...
* the combination of calcium spray, calcium rich fertilizer, and lots and lots of water seems to have cured the problem I was having with all of my larger tomatoes getting blossom rot. The tomatoes are finally beginning to ripen, too. I have been waiting and waiting, not so patiently, to be able to pick a fresh tomato and make a sandwich out of it.
* that over-the-counter sleeping pills have helped my daughter get some sleep. She has not been sleeping much at all...no more than maybe an hour or two a night. It all came to a head on Monday and she was a basket case...weeping nearly continuously and lashing out horribly at everyone who came near. A trip to Med-Express was pointless (after they took her payment and got her in a room they informed her they couldn't treat a sleep problem and suggested she go to mental health), but somewhere during that process I figured out that she had never tried Tylenol P.M. or Nytol or anything like that. Got her a box of Sominex and a bottle of melatonin. She's at least getting a few hours of sleep at night now.
* for all my friends and family that reached out to wish me a happy birthday this week. I was blessed by my Bible study group who gave gifts, hugs, and prayed for me. My hubby was sweet, but we aren't going out to dinner until the weekend since he is so tired at the end of a work day. Oh, and I treated myself to a gorgeous new purse (I am a purse woman as opposed to a shoe woman) yesterday with my birthday money.
* for the "unfriend" button on Facebook. I don't like to use it, but I am grateful it is there when a friend becomes so toxic you have no other choice.
* for my friend who made all of the bouquets for my daughter's wedding. She finished the bride's on Monday. I can't believe how fast it is all coming up at this point. For a year it's seemed so far away.
* for the Swallowtail butterflies who like the big planters of flowers along the sidewalk. I love seeing them...there was a stretch of years when I didn't see them at all.
* for every moment I get to spend with my little buddy...who finally has his first tooth coming in!
He's a very happy baby...until it's picture time. Have I ever mentioned how hard it is to get a picture of him smiling?