2. Have you hosted any outdoor summer parties this year? We've had two family cookouts, but that's it. Attended any? No, we just don't go much of anywhere or do much of anything because of my husband's health. He forces himself to work long hours, but then when he is home he doesn't feel well at all and just wants to watch TV or sleep. It's a rare thing these days when he agrees to go somewhere. What makes for a great outdoor party? People you enjoy being around, good weather, good conversation and fun games. Food and drinks probably matter to a lot of people but not so much to me.
3. What does freedom mean to you? The ability to live my life as I choose and express myself without government interference...as long as it doesn't cause harm to anyone else....and I am not talking about the "hurt feelings" so prevalent in the news. I am talking about real harm. We've become so ridiculous about banning everything that hurts someone's feelings...hurt feelings are a part of life. We are not going to like everyone or everything that everyone says and does, nor are they always going to like us and what we say and do.
4. July is National Cell Phone Courtesy month...what annoys you most about people's cell phone habits? Number one on the list is texting while driving. Someone ran my daughter off the road yesterday (and she had the baby with her) because he was texting and not paying attention. Had she not been able to swerve right into a field, he would have hit her head-on. To make it worse, he never even stopped. Number two would be texting, checking Facebook, etc. while I'm talking to you.
5. What's your current summer anthem? I don't really seem to have one yet, but this song is really fun and makes me smile.
6. Insert your own random thought here. There were several things I had planned to do this morning (x-rays, drop something at work, etc.) but here it is 9:30 and I'm still sitting here in my pj's. It was a rough night...couldn't fall asleep, tossed and turned when I did, and finally woke up feeling like I'm trapped in the body of a 100-year-old woman. I have no one to blame but myself.
I've shared that my doctor put me on a diet pill at the end of May and that it does a very good job of suppressing my appetite, but I have also been trying to if not eliminate (because that's really hard), at least cut way back on processed foods. I know several people who have a new lease on life from doing just that and nothing else.
Anyway...I mindlessly ate a handful of ranch flavored Fritos last night. Ugh. I know better! Lots of foods can make me feel blah, but some are worse than others and I know Fritos are one of the absolute worst...I just didn't think the small amount I ate would make much difference. So lesson learned and note to self: DO NOT EAT FRITOS. EVER.
I'm joining in with Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond
for The Wednesday Hodgepodge.
Please be sure to head over and visit her and
find the links to all the other players.
Maybe you'd like to join in, too?
Click the link above...sorry, but there seems to be
a problem with the link buttons today.