Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Ginormous Questions
1. Are you single? Not in the last 33 years.
2. Are your parents still married? My actual parents were never married. My mom and the man who adopted me are no longer married because he passed away nearly 24 years ago. Mom and my stepdad have been married for 12 or 13 years and they are in their 70s...I'm feeling pretty confident they will go the distance.
3. Are you in love? Yep, totally head over heals in love with our grandkids.
4. Do you believe in love at first sight? We'd have to get into an explanation of what I believe love is (hint: I don't believe it's the emotional warm, fuzzy feelings our culture promotes) and that would take a while. I'll just say that while I don't believe in love at first sight, I do believe that sometimes people meet and just KNOW they've met THE ONE.
5. Who ended your last relationship? I'm still in it and after 33 years I hope nobody's going to end it except by natural causes and I'm not looking forward to that.
6. Have you ever been hurt by a break up? Nope. I never had that serious of a relationship before I met my husband.
7. Have you ever broken someone’s heart? Not that I know of, but I guess it's possible.
8. Have you ever had a secret admirer? Seems to me that I did, but I don't really remember anything about it.
9. Prefer love or lust? Love lasts. Lust is fleeting.
10. Prefer a few best friends or many regular friends? A few best friends.
11. Wild night out or romantic night in? My days of appreciating wild nights out are long gone. I wake up with enough aches and pains without adding to it. Hangovers stopped being fun a long time ago.
12. Back in the day: Been caught sneaking out? No. I don't think I ever tried slipping out. Now, slipping back in....that's a different story.
13. Ever wanted something/someone so badly it hurt? Oh, I'm sure I had a crush or two back in the day.
14. Who are/is your best friend(s)? Why do we always ask this? It isn't like you know my friends or I know yours.
15. Ever wanted to disappear? Sure. I think at one time or another everyone has a rough patch when they'd like to be the face on the milk carton.
16. First attraction: Smile or eyes? Probably eyes, but I then immediately shift to the smile....is it genuine (does it reach the eyes), is there a good laugh connected, is there a sense of humor, a positive outlook?
17. Prefer intelligence or attraction? It's nice to have both, but if I could only choose one it would be intelligence....and if you love someone's mind then I think the attraction will follow.
18. Last phone call you received? My daughter asking about some survey she got from the Dept. of Commerce and if they had to fill it out because it's really long. I have no idea what she's talking about so she's bringing over today for me to look at.
19. Last thing you drank? Diet Coke.
20. Before your current one, when was your last relationship? Back in college.
21. Do you and your family get along? Mostly. I have one cousin who is extremely liberal, which while I disagree with, I believe we all have the right to our own beliefs. I ended up unfriending him on Facebook because he was attacking people on my page and being really nasty, he encouraged my son to think of himself as the black sheep of the family, and while my mom was good enough to take care of his mom during the final years of her life he can't be bothered to ever visit her when he is in town (which we know to be quite frequently). I don't need anyone that ugly in my life.
22. Would you say you have a "screwed up life"? Sometimes I kind of think so, but then I look around at what's going on in the lives of people I know and realize that my life is so normal it's boring by the world's standards.
23. Have you ever gotten kicked out somewhere? If yes, do tell. No, but it was touch and go one time when my husband's mother was in the hospital and my sister-in-law wanted to have the whole family (at the time about 30 people) in her room to celebrate her birthday. My SIL got permission from the doctor, but she didn't clear it with the head nurse on the floor who got REALLY upset about all these people. SIL wasn't about to back down and was right up in the nurse's face. Security got called and it was looking for a minute there like she was going to get arrested and the rest of us were going to get the boot. One of my BILs and I took all the kids and went down to the main lobby so they wouldn't be caught up in the mess.
24. Do you trust all your friends? Yes, or they wouldn't be my friends.
25. Who knows the most about you? My husband, but my current best friend comes close...we have a deeper level of trust than I've ever had with any other friend.
Happy Father's Day!