June 2, 2017

Saturday 9: Lazy Bones

Saturday 9: Lazy Bones (1975)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a guy who'd rather nap than do his chores. Are there things you should be doing right now, instead of hanging around the blogosphere, answering these questions?  


There's a ton of stuff I should be doing because I lost pretty much the whole day to running my daughter around and entertaining my grandson...enjoyable, but not helpful for getting my chores done.  The dishes need done, there are sorted piles of laundry all over the bedroom floor, the dust bunnies are planning an attack....but it's after 10:00 p.m. so it's all just going to have to wait until tomorrow morning.

2) This song mentions a lazy afternoon of fishing. When did you last go fishing?


It's been a while.  I used to fish with my son once in a while.  My daughter likes to fish, but I don't think we ever went together.  I love to fish, but it's pretty low on the list of things my husband enjoys.  Oh, I just remembered!  It was 4 years ago on our last trip to Chincoteague.



3) The lyrics catch our hero sleeping in both the sun and the shade. Do you have a nice, shady place to nap on your front lawn? Or would we catch you lying in the sun?


I have fair, freckled skin...you will never catch me napping in the sun.  Our back deck is very well shaded by a Catalpa (Toby) tree.  That is where you will find me.  It's almost like being in a tree house.



4) This week's featured artist, Leon Redbone, is a difficult man to nail down. Over the years he's claimed to be born in Ontario, and Philadelphia, and even Cyprus. Tell us about a time you got caught in a fib.


I'm sure I fibbed as a kid, but I can't think of any particular time.  I try not to fib as an adult so there's nothing to get caught in.

5) Mr. Redbone has said that taking himself too seriously would be "the gentle kiss of death." What's something that you always take seriously and just can't joke about?


I tend to think there is humor in everything.  I love to laugh and I like to make others laugh, but I am sensitive to the feelings of others.  I would never joke about something if it was going to hurt someone else.

6) He has retired from public life, and that includes his Facebook page, which is no longer available. What did you last post to your Facebook page?


My results on a Wizard of Oz trivia quiz.  I got 34 out of 34.

7) Leon always wore dark glasses when he performed. Do your sunglasses have gray, green, brown or rose colored lenses?


Very dark brown and polarized.  I love my Ray Bans!  They are a MUST for driving.

8) Recently Dick Van Dyke performed this song at a charity benefit, aided by his a capella quartet, The Vantastix. Last year, at age 90, he campaigned for Bernie Sanders. So Mr. Van Dyke is certainly not a "lazy bones." Who's the most active, energetic person in your life?


My friend, Fran.  At 65 she's so energetic she exhausts me!

9) Random question: You're at dinner with friends and someone begins a very long joke with, "Stop me if you've heard this before." You have heard it, many times before. Do you stop him? Or do you just sit through it again?



I would probably allow them to tell the joke.  Everyone needs their moment.  I would, however, probably put a smile on my face and tune out till they were done.

It's hard to believe we're already
into June, but here we are.
The year is flying by!
Don't let the Saturday 9 fly by you.
Pop over to the site and 
join in the fun.

8 comments:

  1. The Wizard of Oz is an important cultural touchstone, so good for you! And you look so happy, sitting there fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fishing pic, too! I hope I get some energy back when/if I make it to 65, so good for your friend! I'm completely with you about being sensitive to others' feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fishing pic! You look happy as a er, clam, which or course is not a fish! That napping spot is so pretty! I will come sit with you from time to time. But only in late spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your deck. I could easily nap there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh--your deck with a good book. It might even make a bad book better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to miss the deck by the lake when we sell the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your deck looks amazing. I spent many hours in my tree house (really just a platform) reading books when I was a kid. I would so enjoy reading on your deck!! Fun answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good time fishing. I used to like fishing. But life gets in the way. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.