Linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand
for Thankful Thursday.
This week I am thankful...
* for my students and their parents and the safe end of another school year on the bus.
* to finally be on summer vacation...THREE glorious months!
* that everything went well yesterday with the removal of Hubby's bladder stone and that there was nothing else to see in his bladder!
* for the fabulous staff at the hospital. Everyone was soooo nice about explaining things, answering questions, and making sure we were comfortable and taken care of.
* for friends that keep us covered in prayer.
* that I got my flowers planted yesterday.
* for the two raised garden beds Hubby built me. We got them filled and planted with lots of veggies over the weekend. I'm hopeful they will stymie the bunnies and reduce the weeds as well as being easier on the back. I haven't taken pictures yet. Soon.
* that my doctor really listens to me and is willing to work with me. He prescribed a diet pill for me this week and I am loving it. It's a two-part medicine...part stimulant to try and get my metabolism revved up and part appetite suppressant. I have to take half pills for a couple of days to get my body used to it. I took my first half yesterday and I had to make myself eat small healthy meals because I just wasn't hungry at all. I had plenty of energy, too. Normally if I sit down I nod off. That didn't happen at all yesterday. I'm feeling very hopeful that this will be the kick-start I need.
* that there is no rain in today's forecast. If we get much more rain I think I will develop webs between my toes!
* the Penguins are up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup series! Defend that title boys!
* that one of our nieces who was suddenly experiencing debilitating headaches (much worse than her normal migraines) got relief through a chiropractor. Seems her neck and back were out of whack in several places and putting pressure on a nerve.
* for the On Demand feature in our cable service. I've been watching a lot of movies since my vacation started. Movies I've always meant to watch, but have somehow never gotten around to. Like Mama Mia! What a fun movie and oh, that Greek scenery just leaves me longing to go there. I just read the other day that the sequel is due out next year!
* that Mom is home and took her puppy back!
* for so much, much more....and as always, all of you!