March 26, 2017

Sunday Stealing: The Kathy Aay Questions

Welcome to this week's edition of Sunday Stealing.  Here's Bud's explanation of where the questions came from:




We found this gem from my wife Kathy. She has a popular YouTube show (click here to see it) about make-up for women over 40 (She's got over 8,000 subscribers). They get tagged for questions occasionally and when we watched this video we asked for the questions to save us heavy lifting. 
Cheers to all us thieves!


Sunday Stealing: The Kathy Aay Questions

1. What is the meaning of your blog’s name?


I chose My Cup Is Full for the name of this blog because I'm at a point in life where I'm more content and comfortable in my own skin than I've ever been. Life is, more often than not, good. Really good.

2. Why did you start your blogging?


In general, I began blogging back in 2001 (boy was it different then!) as a way to keep in touch, communicate, and share ideas with other youth leaders, pastors, and the youth group I helped lead.

I've had many blogs over the years, each very different from the one before it. They all reflected where I was in life.

3. What’s your usual bedtime?


During the week I go to bed between 9:00 and 10:00...usually closer to 10:00...because I get up at 3:45 every morning.  If I was smart I'd go to bed a lot closer to 9:00 because tired has become a way of life.  On the weekends all bets are off and I turn into a bit of a night owl.

4. Are you lazy?


About some things, I guess.  I tend to try to avoid the chores I don't like...folding laundry, for example.  I'll admit I'm a procrastinator, too, and a lot of people view that as laziness.

5. Do you miss anyone right now?


Right at this moment, no.  In general, yes, I miss many people who have left this life behind.

6. How would you describe your fashion sense?


Casual, classic.  Basically, I am all about being comfortable.

7. What are your nicknames?


Ace, Space, Donut Hole, and Xena.

8. Are you a patient person?


Not really.  It's something I'm trying to improve on.

9. Are you tight-fisted or frivolous?


It depends.  If it's something I like and want I'm probably pretty frivolous. If it's someone else's want, I'm a lot tighter.  Don't get me wrong, I am generous in my gift giving and charities...I'm just talking about (for example) when my husband wants to buy a big tractor with all kinds of attachments and my desire to add a room to the house.  Tractor = stupid idea, room addition = a smart idea that is totally necessary.

10. What magazines do you read?


Country Sampler, Dr. Oz's Good Life, O, Small Room Decorating, Flea Market Style, Flea Market Decor, Vintage Style, Vintage Garden Style, Cooking Light, Tast of Home.....I'm kind of a magazine junkie.  Always have been.

11. Are you stubborn?


About certain things and with certain people.

12. When is your birthday?


August 15.

13. What book are you currently reading?


I'm working on Lee Strobel's The Case for a Creator.  It's very interesting and based on asking highly respected scientists about things that are accepted and taught as evolutionary fact.  If I was not a believer, and there was a time when I was not, the facts presented would change my mind about intelligent design.

14. What phone do you have?


A Samsung Note 5.  It's the one BEFORE the exploding batteries.  I love it.

15. Do you have any pets?


Two dogs, who are the Mutt and Jeff of dogs.  Elvis is a sweet, chubby Beagle/Basset mix with a very laid back attitude about life.  Daisy is a high-strung, ever-yapping, little diva of a Toy Poodle.

16. Do you have siblings?


Nope.

17. Any children or grandchildren?

Two children, a son and a daughter.  Three grandchildren, a girl and two boys.


18. What do you order at Starbucks?


Hot chocolate.  I don't like coffee.

19. What did you do for your last birthday?


Nothing.

20. What’s your occupation?


I drive a school bus.  It's not what my education was in and I don't love it, but it worked when my kids were young and I wanted to be home and available when they needed me.  I've stayed with it, I suppose, because there's a lot to be said for never having to work nights, weekends, or holidays and having the whole summer off.

21. Do you live in the country or the city?


I guess you'd call it the suburbs, but it's a lot more citified than it was when I was growing up here.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and I are the old timers in blog/journal writing. And yes, it was definitely different in those days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first "blog" I had was just one static page that I could only change the posts on. It didn't archive or anything. It was just that one page.

      Delete
  2. It is great that you've been blogging for 15 years. Have you come up with a way to keep them? Do you print them out? Or do they just vanish with the changes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple I've managed to find archived out there in the blogosphere, but mostly they've just died and gone away. Either the host no longer exists (the really early ones) or I deleted them myself. The most popular blog I ever had (and the one when I first met Bud) was a pretty dark one. It was wickedly funny, though. I was going through a really rough patch...distanced from church, struggling with a difficult relationship with my son's fiancee/wife. It was my safe place to vent, try to understand and work through things, and get feedback from the nice sized following I had. It was completely anonymous (I thought) but he managed to find it and took great offence and it took a big toll on our relationship. I deleted it and started putting my efforts into adjusting my attitude and losing the angry/bitter edge. It struck a chord with a LOT of people. I wrote a few things on there I wish I'd saved, but mostly, I needed to leave it behind. Other blogs just don't apply to my life any more so I never saved them.

      Delete
  3. That's a cool back-story about your blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your thoughtful answers today! I've been blogging since 2006ish. Started on Yahoo 360, then moved to Multiply. They both died and I switched to Blogger. I think it's great that you are a bus driver! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used either of those. In fact, I don't even remember what the very early ones were called. I had one on AOL for a while, but I've been on Blogger for a long time, with a couple of detours to Wordpress. I had my own domain a few years ago, but decided I couldn't justify the $80 per year to own it.

      Delete
  5. We are both way back bloggers, I started on Geocities but can't find the archive. I love the explanation of your blog name.
    I used to love to read magazines but now only a few. Country Living and Country home were two favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been surprised that there are so many of us today who have been around for so long.

      Delete
  6. I came back to thank you for the heads up on my blog header. Woah, that was a "fat finger" mistake on my part. Thanks for your kind way of pointing it out. Have a great week, driving that bus.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.