March 27, 2017

The Weekend My "Date" Passed Out

Happy Monday! (Gosh, but Monday looks better after a 3-day weekend.)  It's been raining off and on here this morning, but the friendly and perky weather girl on the news this morning assured me it will have moved on by this afternoon.  Still, it's not too shabby out there.  The sun peeks out every once in a while and it's around 60 degrees with a high near 70 predicted for this afternoon.

It was a nice weekend.  Friday was gorgeous, but I stuck around home doing some of the chores that needed doing and just hanging out and chillax-in'.  I did babysit my grandson for a while in the evening so his mommy could go out with friends.

On Saturday I went to a charity auction with my mom.  Our favorite auctioneer was running it for a local youth network.  I spent less than $20 for some small things...a crystal cracker jar that looks something like this...


a Razor scooter for the grandkids, a ratty old suitcase to put a fairy garden in this summer, a radio that looked like an old timey one (turned out not to work, but for $1 I took a chance), a box of Christmas ornaments, a box of stuffed animals for the puppies, one of those padded baby seat things that goes on the shopping cart seat....

and a vintage game for me (I loved it as a kid in the 70s).


I babysat our grandson again Saturday night.  He's an easy date...one bottle and he's out!


and 

5
.
.
4
.
.
3
.
.
2
.
.
out!


Sunday was another at home day, doing the laundry and just hanging out with my hubby.  He isn't feeling well at all again.  He did finally have the sonogram done on his kidneys and he'll be getting blood work done this week, but he doesn't see our primary care physician until April 6.  I wish someone would soon figure out what's wrong.  He has felt this bad for a few years now.  No one should have to live like this if they don't have to.  It used to be that he threw himself into work and just didn't have anything left when he got home, but he's admitted recently that he has days at work when it takes everything he has just to do the minimum. (I will say, though, that his minimum tends to be very different from the minimum of other project superintendents. He jumps right in and works hands-on on all of his jobs.  He doesn't know how to be hands-off and he doesn't want to be.  He'll never just stand there and "boss" everything.

We did venture out to the garden center to have a look around since we'd been discussing our plans for the backyard all morning.  There wasn't much there in the way of plants yet, but I picked up a new pothos plant, a very splashy mostly white one and my hubby bought me three little ducks for the fairy garden and a pretty colored crystal hummingbird that I will hang out on the porch when the weather gets nicer.

Oh, and we got ice cream.  We don't usually go to Dairy Queen, but none of the local ice cream stands are open yet, so that was our only choice. Oh.my.sweet.goodness.  Did you know that they sell warm fried dough with ice cream and your choice of hot fudge, caramel, or strawberry topping?  It was sooooo good.  It smelled and tasted like summer!  I might just be making a few more trips to Dairy Queen this year.

That's pretty much it.  Make up your mind to have a wonderful week!


5 comments:

  1. I dont need to know that about Dairy Queen. That is dangerous information to be sharing ;)
    That vintage game!!! That is so cool. I love finding old games that remind me of being little & staying at my grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really nice weekend. Hope you hubby finds out what is going on and feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I didn't need to hear about that warm fried dough. Hold the ice cream!
    Hope your hubby gets some answers (and RELIEF!) real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your sweetheart finds out what is wrong soon! It does sound like you had a great weekend!! Of course the baby is adorable and the crystal jar is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea about Dairy Queen serving warm fried dough with ice cream and toppings. Think that's information I should probably not pass on to my hubby ... it could be dangerous to his health!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.