As you can see, work is progressing on the blog, but I have a long way to go. I hope to get some work in on it this weekend as I also have Monday off. (Big shout out to all the late, great, and still among us, Presidents!) I don't know it it will pan out or not since it's looking like it will be a busy weekend.
We're starting off with dinner at our daughter's tonight. It's the first time she's had anyone over and cooked a meal. She's a nervous wreck. I'm sure it will be fine....and we're more interested in our grandson than the food, anyway. By the way, here's the latest gratuitous baby pic:
|Just 2 months old and look at him|
holding up his head to look around.
Tomorrow we are going to spend the day with our two older grandchildren. I have no idea what we're going to do. I had thought we'd take them to a local animal park to feed the giraffes, but it turns out the place is closed for the winter. So....I don't know....we could do the city zoo, or the aviary, or the conservatory, or the museum, or the science center. All are way cool to us, but the kids live in the city and visit at least some of those place regularly. I guess we'll just ask them what they'd rather do.
Sunday is usually a day to catch up on chores (and maybe a little napping) around here. That may be a good day to work on the blog.
Monday might prove a good time as well. I am planning on taking a friend to lunch for her birthday and maybe some shopping, but I should have the morning free.
Now, if you don't mind, I'm a day late but I want to share my list of somethings I'm thankful for and join up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.
This week I am thankful...
* for today's beautiful sunshine and the promise of a whole week of warm temps (in the 50s and 60s!!) and clear skies.
* for the sound of the birds when I walk outside. Their singing today sounds just like Spring...or maybe even Summer.
* that my husband got the stitches out of his gums yesterday after a pretty comfortable week. He's a bit sore now, and maybe not as healed as he thought he'd be, but he's doing great and likes the dentures. They made an adjustment yesterday and he goes back on the 27th for another. After that he may need one or two more. I can already see how he is feeling like his old self.
* that our grand-niece is going to be okay. Just three months old and she had shunts put into her head today to drain off blood that was pooling on her brain and causing pressure. They don't know the cause, but don't suspect an injury. The doctors at Children's Hospital said it could be something as simple as the blood vessels leaking because of rubbing on her soft spot...seems likely since they've discovered it's been going on for a couple of months.
* that everything keeps advancing and going well with plans for our daughter's wedding in September.
* that I had no problems driving the couple of bad weather mornings we had this week.
* for dinner out with my husband on Valentines' Day. He wanted to take me and he even found something on the menu he was able to eat.
* for all the time we're getting to spend with the grandkids.
* and as always....for all of you!
Have a blessed weekend and enjoy this
beautiful spring-like weather!