We found this gem from a blogger named Kat. (She's not to be confused with our good friend Cat.. This Kat is from the blog 3 BedroomBungalow. She stated, "This is a meme that my buddy Not Supermum has tagged me for. Let's see what you lot can find out about [each other] today!"We'd like to thank last week's players for not being uber critical of a question asking what you thought of the person who "sent you the meme." We are usually good at editing and changing questions. We whiffed at that one. Your kind words for me were both unexpected and very appreciated. Please like is on Facebook (details below) and Google Plus in our side bar. Let's get to it!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Bungalow 26 Questions
1. Which living person do you admire the most, and why?
I'm kind of drawing a blank at the moment...which may be due to the fact that I coughed so hard last night I gave myself a mild case of whiplash (I kid you not) and I'm sitting here with a heating pad on my neck and a muscle relaxer coursing through my veins. Maybe Tim Tebow or someone like him that does a lot for others.
2. When were you the happiest?
Since I believe happiness depends on circumstance and joy comes from something deeper, my answer would be my college years. I was living wild and having a great time, but it was a very shallow happines..
3. Besides property, automobile or furniture, what is the most expensive thing you have bought?
Maybe our TV? It's a 60-inch, flat screen with 3-D capability.
4. What is your most treasured possession?
My books, followed by a little celluloid horse that was the only present my grandmother got one Christmas during the Depression.
5. Where would you like to live?
Chincoteague Island, VA
6. Who would you get to play you in a film of your life?
7. What is your favorite book?
Little Women. I've read it several times.
8. What is your most unappealing habit?
Biting my nails. Every time I get bored or stressed I start chewing.
9. Twitter or Facebook? (Or if both share the differences in your opinion.)
Facebook. I don't get Twitter's appeal at all.
10. What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
Jeans and a sweater. I really don't do dressy these days.
11. What is your earliest memory?
Standing in my crib, crying for someone to come and get me and then someone opening the door.
12. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Truly stupid "reality" shows...Alaskan Bush People, Mountain Monsters, etc.
13. What do you owe your parents?
More gratitude than I can ever give.
14. To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
Probably my husband, just because I'm around him the most and have the most opportunities to mess up.
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My relationship with God is first, then my husband, my kids and grandkids, and then books.
16. What does love feel like to you?
A daily decision to commit myself to caring about and for another person, to doing what's within my power to take care of them, provide for them, and procure the best for them. With that level of commitment the warm "fuzzies" and sexual attraction that the world says is love will be there.
17. What was the best kiss of your life?
Either the first kiss with my husband...or the kiss at our wedding after we were pronounced husband and wife.
18. Which words or phrases do you overuse?
Just, really....that's all I can think of at the moment.
19. What's the worst job you have done?
I started babysitting for my dad's boss's kids when I was in high school. He had three bratty kids and he, himself, totally creeped me out with a pervy vibe. The wife was nice, but wanted to be my best friend. Anyway, he was super cheap...$5 to watch three kids for 5 or 6 hours. Once they went out with friends for New Year's and dumped another 3 kids on me and didn't pay me any more money! I never felt like I could say anything because he was my dad's boss. And as I later learned, he really was a perv....turned out they were swingers. I found out when he asked my husband, then my fiancee, if we'd like to party. EWWWWWWW!
20. If you could edit your past, what would you change?
That I was such a party girl in college. I'd buckle down and get that degree.
21. What is the closest you have came to death?
I don't think I've ever been close.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Staying married for over 32 years and raising two kids, who had their rough patches, but stayed out of serious trouble, avoided the drug trap (it's rampant around here) and are now happy and raising their own families.
23. When did you cry last?
I don't know. I don't cry very often. I might have gotten a tear in my eye once or twice yesterday from pain. I coughed so hard Friday night that I did something to my neck. We had plans with our grandkids yesterday so I went ahead and did that, but after we took them home my husband took me to Med-Express. Turns out that I basically coughed hard enough to give myself whiplash! I am taking muscle relaxers and sitting around with a heating pad on my neck.
24. How do you relax?
Reading, writing, playing online games, and doing silly memes.
25. What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
My husband feeling better would be a great start. Well, that or a large chunk of money.
26. What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
People will always disappoint you at some point. They are flawed, imperfect beings. No matter how hard they try they can't make you happy all the time. They will mess up at some point. You'll be a lot happier if you don't expect them to make you happy.
51. Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.