February 13, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Good morning! Thursdays mean it's time to offer up a little thanks for all the blessings God has poured out in our lives. It's my favorite blogging day of the week because it's good for our spirits to spend time thinking about the good things in our lives and it's a double blessing in that the reading of our stories blesses others and their stories bless us. That's why I am linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.

This week I am thankful...

** that all this rain we've been getting wasn't snow. The backyard resembles a swamp this morning, but that's better than piles of snow that needs to be shoveled, cleared off cars...and makes the little dog not want to go out. Better for driving, too.

** the impeachment hearings are finally over. I just wish Washington would stop spending all it's time and effort and MONEY on "getting" the President. That's our money, money we worked hard for...when I think of all the good that could have been done with the millions upon millions of dollars they have spent....the hungry who could have been fed, the homeless who could have been housed, the medical care that could have been given.

** Tim didn't work this past weekend and we got to spend a fun day together on Saturday. We visited a favorite antique mall, a couple of thrift shops, enjoyed lunch at a favorite restaurant, ordered a new loveseat, and kept our youngest grandson for a few hours.

** for the time I spent with Colton doing puzzles on the laptop. He had such a good time and laughed and laughed each time I new puzzle came up and he saw what animal it was. I just love how smart and creative he is. If nobody squashes his spirit (and they better not or they're going to have to answer to me!) this kid is going to go far!

** I got organized and all of my Valentine's cards and gifts are either already mailed or ready to hand out tomorrow. I am usually a last minute kind of girl.

** for my Bible study group. It was so good to get together and see everyone and see that everyone is doing well since many have been going through big, tough things recently.

** I finally got to see and talk to my friend who left a bad marriage last week. It's hard for her...her teenage daughter, who has always been her mini-me, is choosing to remain with her father...mostly because Dad lets her do what she wants and buys her what she wants. She's being a normal kid. She isn't in any physical danger with Dad, so we've all advised Mom to let her choose and wake up to the kind of person Dad is on her own. It will work out better that way than if she forced her to come with her. Still, the rejection hurts. 

On the whole, my friend is doing well, though. Her marriage was not a safe place for her so she is enjoying the freedom to be herself. (Her husband's parting comment was "If you had just behaved the way I told you to we'd still be together.) Wow. Right? He had also threatened her with harm in the past. So, anyway, it was good to see her being happy and her spirit so much lighter.

** for my God who left us with his Word so we would know how to live so as to be ready for heaven. This week we talked about the fact that before Jesus returns God will clean out his own home (the church). As the churches drift further and further from what the truth is we'd best make sure we know what the truth is because the day is coming that God will separate the wheat from the chaff.

** for all the sweet, uplifting moments at work, at home, with family and friends, and here in the blogging world that made my days brighter.

** for each one of you in this huge, yet somehow intimate, blogging world!

Have a blessed day, my friends!

14 comments:

  1. Your post demonstrates that life is so full of ups and downs. Sometimes being thankful has to be a choice we make. My heart goes out to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I have learned to be thankful no matter the situation because God has either caused it or allowed it. One way or another it's according to his plan for us.

      Delete
  2. So glad your friend is safe now. I so love this blogging community and also our Bible Study Community. So many good friends.

    I'm glad you got some time with your Colton this week. Grandsons (and granddaughters too, I'm sure) are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandbaby time is the best! I just had both kids for a couple of hours while Mom went to the dentist. Colton is extra cuddly when I have the baby (a little jealousy there) so I got to snuggle with both.

      Delete
  3. My back yard is AWFUL.. .my kitchen floor is even worse with all the dog prints - these are the times a doggie door isnt the best.
    Lifting prayers for your friend's daughter. She's at such an influential age & being in that kind of environment can take its toll on her - Just a heads up from all my years in youth ministry - even if she sees who he is, she'll still probably want to stay with him just because of freedom - which we know kids do NOT NEED all that freedom that they want. Keep an eye out on how she's handling things - how she's interacting with her mom - keep tabs on her. It's a sad situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, trust me, the former youth director in me knows, but at 14 she's also old enough to make her own choice. Making her go with mom would just backfire horribly. We are all praying for her and Mom is monitoring (she does still spend time with her), but she is resigned to the fact that her daughter may never choose to live with her.

      Delete
  4. Ugh...it started raining last night and turned into snow...and now we are expecting minus temps tonight and tomorrow.

    Your post is what is good about blogging, smiles. Keeping your friend in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blech...yeah, we're supposed to get some snow and very cold temps, too. Where are you, Spring? The groundhog promised!

      Delete
  5. Hi Stacy, I enjoyed your post today. It is good to be thankful. I can see when you post at my blob but not if you respond here. I wrote something on my blog that has been on my heart. I am starting an in depth Bible study and I think I will have to limit my time on the computer. My husband and I like to go to antique stores too. So that is what we are going to do tomorrow. Antique shops and lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all go through times of blogging more or less, I think. You have to do what you need to do for yourself. I'm not very smart about the comments...I don't know how to have it send my responses via email. Have a fun time tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. The Thursday thankful posts are always uplifting and joy-filled! I agree with you about the sharing of our blessings making them double blessings. I hope the snow isn't bad for you. We are to get a cold front moving in this weekend. It has been in the 80s all week and now back down into the 60s. I know, I know... Have a good weekend, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would take 60's! Our temperatures started dropping this afternoon and it's supposed to be around 10 - 15 degrees in the morning. Brrrr!

      Delete
  7. I appreciated your post and your blessings. I was a little struck by the story about your friend and her daughter. If her husband threatened her with physical harm in the past, I am wondering how it can be a safe place for her daughter? Just a thought that occurred to me as I read that, but since I don't know the whole story I can't really judge that...but it just hit me as a bit strange. So I will be in prayer for that family, especially for the daughter. I love that you are there for your friend, and I pray that God will be able to minister to her through you as the days go by. Thank you for your uplifting post and for sharing what blessings God is doing in your life. That is always encouraging to hear and see! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers and concern! It is a strange situation. The husband has never acted badly toward the children. He wants them to love him and he wants them to love him more than their mother so he indulges whatever they want. It's not mentally or spiritually healthy, but at 14 the girl is unfortunately old enough to choose and she being a typical teen and choosing the parent that doesn't give her rules and buys her what she wants. I know my friend and if the man ever gives her a reason to feel the daughter is in danger the fight will be on.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.