February 15, 2020

Saturday 9: Secret Valentine

Linking up with Crazy Sam and the gang for the Saturday 9.


Saturday 9: Secret Valentine (2008)

In honor of Valentine's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

 
1) The lyrics talk about a song that's so romantic it "turns out the lights." Are the lights on in the room you're in right now?  Yes, it's actually Friday evening and dark so I do have a lamp on beside me.

2) In the video, our heroine's Valentine's Day adventure begins with a note slipped into her pocket. What's in your pocket right now?  No pockets...so nothing.

3) This week's band, We the Kings, are proud sons of the state of Florida. Bradenton, to be exact. They even called one of their CDs Sunshine State of Mind. Have you ever been to Florida? If so, where have you visited?  We lived there the first 2 years of our marriage. We lived in outside of Orlando in the area of Orange County then known as Skylake. It was sort of between Orlando and Kissimmee. We lived just off one of the major roads, the Orange Blossom Trail. Anyway, we went lots of places, but I never did get to see the Everglades and since I've been watching Guardians of the Glades and seeing all the enormous snakes living there...I've lost my desire to see it.

4) Lead singer Travis Clark has a pierced lip but doesn't always wear a lip ring. Do you have any piercings? If yes, are you wearing jewelry in your piercing(s) right now?  Just one in my right ear and three in my left ear. And no, no earrings in tonight.

5) The band's name comes from a cheer they did when they attended Martha B. King High School. Have you attended your high school reunion? Just one and it will be my one and only.

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted?  My husband. He would give to someone in need even if it put him in a bad way.

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet?  Christmas presents, yes. I even buy for the granddogs and cats and my dog sister. Ha! That's where I draw the line, however. I don't buy them gifts for any other holiday.

8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors?  I adored my high school home room teacher. He was a young, Italian hottie and very sweet. He really cared about all of us and acted more like a big brother to us.

9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox?  Valentines to my son's family.

8 comments:

  1. What a nice way to describe your husband! Very fitting for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers, Stacy. I hope you have a great Saturday! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed my class reunions. They've gotten better as we've all gotten older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in Orange County CA. for 38 years. I did a post on the Mission Inn instead of the Sat 9. I did have a crush on my 9th grade biology teacher. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet you buy presents for the pets. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the lucky one at marriage. I finally realized I can't that good at it. I left during the end of my first two. Now the shoe's on the other foot...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun questions again this week. I didn't mail Valentines but did deliver two to Helen and Cheryl, with candy and a balloon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.